It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

college fraternity mergers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It would apear that the national greek system is becoming oversaturated with small niche oriented GLO. It's my guess that within the next few years we will see some mergers happen, probally starting in the arena of latino greeks.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I believe your right. GLOs are expensive to run and maintain, and in the long run, many will probably have to choose to merge or die. I also think some of the smaller NPC sororities may end up merging.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I dissagree, many "GLO's" have trusts keep them from need to merge or close. What makes you both think this? Maybe new small "GLO's" but that is a very small sample of the large group across the nation.

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This may sound like a stupid question, but what is a GLO exactly?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
GLO are greek letter organizations. I think mergers are imminante with the smaller organizations, (less than 30 or so chapters) because of the ever increasing cost of doing GLO business. Insurance rates continue to rise, and without signifigant alumni and administaraitive support healthy long range growth would be all but non-existant. Also, many of these niche oriented GLO's are competing for members from a relativly small pool of potential candidates. South Asian students for example. The more organizations that exist, the weaker they all become.

new topics

top topics

join