It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking Plastic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Newly developed plastic strips can actually deliver audible messages without any electronics. By placing these strips between your teeth and running a fingernail along a series of grooves in their surface, pre printed messages can be heard. By attaching them to a balloon, others can hear the message as well. While currently these are being sold as a novelty item, there is potential for other uses of this technology.

Personally... I just think its cool.

Talking Tapes

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Heh. Not a bad find Terapin.

Certainly not a stretch of science at all, but certainly a very cool idea on how to use it!

At first I thought you meant you'd be using your teeth as the "needle"... I was going to say, thats an aweful lot of dentist bills for the future... but they safely advise you to use your fingernails/thumb-nail to scratch it, while your teeth hold it in place.

I want to try them now, just so I can hear how well the audio can resonate from it, into your skull.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
That's an intereseting application of this technology.

I notice you can buy it.... but what does it say?????

Think this would be even more cool if you could encode your own messages.

anyway... good find

Whooo that site is awsome!!

I'm placing an order right now for the following:

This is what it does: -
Diamagnetic Levitation - Movie

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 8-1-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
For grud's sake you can ontain this technology somewhat from card and greeting shop's can't you, although the latter used technology was more bulkier and based on metal's.

It has a novel effect attached to it, for high eneded intelligence purposes it could get used for hot job's. Maybe I am imagining a thousand spy novella's and film tie-in's and book tie-in's to this.

Very cool - who need's mobile phone's and neat tape machine trick's?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
My brother got a card with a plastic tape on it you pull through your fingernails and it said "Happy Birthday, Baby!"

That was back about 1982.

The hilarious thing is how this tech was really developed.

You know those grooves on the shoulder of the highway, that "growl" when your car drifts past the white line?

The guy who came up with that in the 1950's originally modulated the frequency of the grooves with a machine driven by the human voice. Your tires acted like the "needle on a phonograph groove" and vibrated out the message programmed into the grooves.

They tried it on a stretch of Arizona Highway, but stopped the voice part, because it scared the HOLY CRAP out of drivers . . . this quadraphonic, human voice emanating from the frame of your car, shouting "WAKE UP! STOP! WAKE UP! STOP!"

More than one driver said they almost had a heart attack because they thought it was God talking to them inside their car . . . telling them their life was headed in the wrong direction.

I read about it in Popular mechanics, about 5 years ago. I'll see if I can find the article. . ..

top topics

join