It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any conservatives here get upset when other Conservatives defend Bush's bunglings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Bush administration has bungled many things like the Hurricane Katrina response and the Iraqi war. Many of the problems the Bush administration is facing is not due to bad ideology, but bad management. For example, having no plans to deal with looting, insurgencies, etc. after Sadam Hussein was toppled is not bad ideology, but poor management. Bush's failures are not necessarily the failures of the conservative ideologies, but failures by the Bush administration to have good executives in place. Some consevatives defend Bush, others do not. My question for the conservatives is whether or not they get annoyed when conservatives defend Bush?

My feeling is that when Conservatives defend Bush, they are sending the message that the Conservative political philosophies support his type of ineptitude. This largely discredits Conservatives, many of whom would make good political leaders and are intelligent.

Your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I agree with you, Bush's problem has been execution, not ideology. I think we'd be much better off now if Bush had had more diverse game plans for the war than what was just given by Rumsfeld and Cheney.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I defend Bush against accusations that he is like Hitler but thats about it the lack of a strategic vision after Saddam was removed and the failure to communicate ideas is the cause of the Iraq mess and Bushs political problems.

new topics

join