It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or just dirt on lens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Dear All,

Can anyone tell me wat is that? UFO or dirt? The photo was taken using my CASIO EX-Z120 digital camera during a company trip on 12/05/2006 to Redang island (an island located in MALAYSIA, near Terengganu state).

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
A zoomed in, sharpened, inverted image:

Yup, I think it's a UFO. Proably just a bird or something, but I haven't yet been able to cross reference migratory patterns or anything with the islands location and with respect to the time of year.
As far as I know, if something gets right on the lens, it's to blurry to even notice, generally. Plus the EX-Z120's lens is tiny.

On that camera, did you have it record images not using the highest possible quality, or did you manipulate the image afterwards? Because the Z120 is supposedly a 7.2 MP camera, while the image you posted is only about 4.3 MP. Just wondering . . .

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Dear watch_the_rocks,

I just check my camera setting i took the photo in 7 mega pixel format.... since the original file size is very huge. 4.01MB 3072x 2304 therefore i used the MSPAINT to save it so it will become smaller size around 700kb and upload it.

But considering the distance and the size of it away from me..... i think it must be something big.

Thanks for ur reply

[edit on 7-1-2007 by kun9999]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kun9999
But considering the distance and the size of it away from me..... i think it must be something big.

Its impossible to tell both the distance and size...

Chances are quite high its either a bug or a bird.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Would it be possible for you to simply crop the object out of the original image like I did?

And yeah, you can't really tell size and distance at all from a photograph. Just cover one eye and try to estimate the distance of something: not easy./

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Thanks for your comment...

Well i just uploaded the crop image here. The image is crop using ACdSee

Thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Just wondering whether you saw the object when you took the picture or when you looked at the picture once it was taken.
If you didnt see it when you took the picture it was probably because you thought it was nothing out the ordinary and therefore it may of been a bird. Or it was craft moving very fast!
But i would go with a bird

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I didnt notice the object on the sky when i took the photo because the sunlight is too bright to even look into the LCD screen of the camera. I only realise after i view the photos inside my room.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
dirt on the lens ? : i doubt it , if malay dirt is anything like british dirt - once a speck of it gets on a lens it asumes magical properties that defy the laws of physics
it cannot be removed , it attempts to multiply , it attracts MORE dirt etc
i hate dirt

bird [ at middle distance] ? : doubtfull - i have just tried a quick resize and sharpen - and it still looks like a uniform oval - there are no distingushing freatures or colour variations apparent .

insect [ at very close rage ] ? : most probable IMHO a sub 1cm insect within meters of the lens would easliy give that unfocused blob , with illusion of lateral motion .

EBE saucer craft ? : not enough data to judge , but i doubt it

human aircraft ? : even more doubtfull - a plane or helicopter would likey have been heard too - and a para glider / mirco light is unlikley for the same reasons as i dismiss the bird theory - lack of definition and shape / colour

a question for the OP if i may ?

Q1) - you apear to be standing on the patio of a bar or hotel , were other people , were there many other people present , and also are there other buildings ringing the bay you photographed ?

the reason i ask - is that a fast moving object , is more noticable to or brains than a slower one [ of comparable size ]

if other people were looking out to sea - they should have noticed a large hi speed object

my gut instinct is " it is an insect "

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
well... i ask most my friends and non of them seems to notice it, therefore i guess it is probally nothing. But one thing for sure i didnt notice any inseact flying around me when i took the photos, which i think most of the insect wont come out in such hot weather and with salty sea breeze.

I took that photo without any zoom

top topics

join