It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marjoe gortner (former faith healer)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
youtube.com...

all of you that have skeptical views on faith healers such as benny hinn and other should watch this video, the thing is that there is an almost identical similiarity between him and modern day faith healers

it really is ALL for the money, yet people still fall for it. it's sickening

it was surprising what marjoe did, exposing himself just to show that it's really just a business, not really about christ anymore

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
yeah, "miracles" tend to be about money

normally some sort of increase in "pilgrimage" to an area (tourism revenue?)

sometimes it's just an outright scam for quick money

[edit on 1/6/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have seen real miracles .. real miracles of healing. In those couple of cases the person God did the healing through didn't go shouting from the rooftops (or on the TV) that God had used them in that way. They were quiet and humble and prayerful. The world will most likely never know the name of the person who God healed through and no money ever changed hands.

THOSE were real healings.

I applaud anyone who leaves the fake healing industry and exposes it. Many people are out there sending in their last dollar in hopes that they will be healed. It's a scam and a shame and a moral crime.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
just a statement about miracles in general

there's no evidence that they exist
they haven't really had any skeptics test miracles

"real" miracles seem to be nothing more than folklore

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofwrath
...such as benny hinn...

Well This One pretty much nails Hinn. Wish I could tap TBN's live feed with it.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I have seen real miracles .. real miracles of healing..... THOSE were real healings.
So you've seen faith healing in action! That still doesnt prove that its is a miracle or any way a divine intervention.

Faith healing has not scientifically been proven effective. What few controlled studies have been performed have evidenced no beneficial effect. Its practitioners can only cite anecdotal evidence of cases where it has been successful, ignoring the far more numerous cases where the patient dies despite the efforts of faith healing. Doctors often ascribe any success to the placebo effect or to spontaneous remission: some people will heal with or without treatment, and it is generally natural to credit the most recent treatment for the cure (this logical fallacy is called post hoc ergo propter hoc).

So much for miracles eh?

G

top topics

join