It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really Weird Dream - Interpretations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I had the weirdest dream last night - the kind where you wake up knowing you must NOT forget it. That it's somehow very important.

...I had a small round growth on my shoulder, in the hollow just under the collarbone. It was significant enough and big enough that my doctor wanted to operate.

I went along with the medical plans with growing feelings of ...trepidation. As the growth got larger and larger, I was less and less inclined to have it removed. Finally, I refused treatment altogether.

Then, the growth turned into a tiny baby's head. The face was unbelievably beautifully cute. Way beyond any Gerber baby ever has been. And perfectly formed.

My doctor (and others?) kept pressuring me to have it removed. I kept refusing.

The baby kept growing, and as new body parts were formed, they separated from my shoulder - with unformed parts left still attached.

As the baby grew I was aware of the weight and pressure - with discomfort and some pain. But it was a burden I knew I had to bear - that despite the strain, I had to keep the baby attached until it was fully formed, and separated on its own.

The baby was still attached by the ankles and feet when the dream ended.

I woke up with a verbal message in my head - it was a phrase of several words, but I was focusing on the last word that I could not quite decipher - and ended up forgetting the easy first part. The last word was something like Mollucoch or Mullokuch, maybe Mollochi, capitalized.

...The name is like Morlock or Moloch - but I did NOT have a sense of evil - more the opposite.

....It could be a fairly "normal" mommy dream, given that I have a "normally" rebellious sixteen year-old daughter - and that my best friend just discovered she has a growth on her brain, behind the eye. One of those integrative mushes.

Or it could be something else. It felt less personal and more universal.

Anyone have any ideas? Any dream interpreters in the house?

[edit on 5-1-2007 by soficrow]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Not to worry you at all, but I have read or seen somewere that pregnant woman can occasionally have visions or dreams of their unborn children,
This mixed with other feelings could cause a very odd dream indeed.

This could of course be completely irrelivent...

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I cant find my dream interpretation books right now as most of my books are packed away.

it sounds logical that your line of thought is correct, sounds like healthy insecurity about the fact your daughter is becoming her own person and that society is trying to take her off your hands.

the growth sounds like your dreams manifestation of some subconscious worry about your daughter now becoming her own person and the pain associated with the growth is probably the pain of raising a child and eventually letting them make choices in life for themselves.

sounds like completely healthy worry, manifested in the form of a strange dream because of your friends growth.

thats my take anyway.

the moloch, molech, molekh is a hebrew demon i think, i cant remember if its baal, my demonology is a bit poor at the moment, i think its the same as the traditional view of satan or malevolent energy ect, this is probably your mind expressing society as a danger to your daughter and the baby growing from you is probably the connection you have to her, and the seperation is the eventual fleeing the nest instinct she will have.

sounds like perfectly healthy insecurity about protecting your daughter from the dangers of the world.

i wouldnt worry about it, you seam to understand what it was about.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Was the baby/growth on the right or left shoulder? Jungians associate dreams of the left with the unconscious and of the right with the conscious. The left is traditionally linked with misfortune or untrustworthiness ("sinister" means "left" in latin), and dreams on the left hand or left side of the body may reflect our misgivings, perhaps unconscious, towards a person or venture.
Conversely, the right hand side is associted with good fortune and trust (someone may be our "right hand" man or woman) and dreams on the right side may arise from a sense of well being and optimism.

Undergoing a dream operation may signal your willingness to cut out old attitudes, predujices and modes of thought that have hindered your psychological health.
Doctors are seen as authority figures in our day to day lives and the doctor in your dream may represent someone you know in real life (even though they themselves are not a doctor). Babies unsuprisingly appear in the dreams of new parents. Children can also represent aspects of your current self, such as feelings of vulnerability or innocence.
Being obliged to choose one person or thing amoung several can allude to the particular dreamers anxiety about a painful test of personal responsability.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Tokis Phoenix raises some good points, thats the thing with dreams, no clear understanding of what they mean.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is just my interpretation...

To me..

It seems you have grown a new part of yourself in reality.. mentally...
you're somewhat conflicted within, .. most likely to do with this very site.. and its information..
But to me, it seems like the doctor just plays the part of authority in your dream.. like "a know it all" .. a "professional" .. and they're frightened about this new you, that appears to be growing larger and larger with more and more information... at first you might have been reluctant to agree so you thought having it removed might be a good idea... but as it went on and on, it didn't seem right to have it removed... and eventually it got so big you could see its features... it looked cute? .. pure? innocent? .. angelic? .. you were seeing the double of yourself in my opinion... the new you that has begun to grow...
the limbs and features are just different facets and departments of knowledge that work as a unit..

Neat dream ..

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thanks all - Blade Runner, Chris, Tokas Phoenix, Pure Energy.

Sorry - I couldn't login to BTS - plus had to go out. Back now, fixed login.

FYI -

I am NOT pregnant, not possible.

The growth was on the right shoulder - therefore about conscious growth, decisions, actions?

Re: personal growth - I am no more conflicted than normal. (
)

Re: motherhood conflict. Yes, new stuff - might explain it.

BUT - I have had psychic dreams in the past. This had that feel, altho not clearly. ...The key was in the phrase I forgot - all that I remember is the unclear word (Mollochuch, Mallachick, ...?)

Moloch - is a Biblical/Babylonian demon - the dream had no sense of evil.

Morlock - doesn't feel right - en.wikipedia.org...

Mallachi - MALACHI: Biblical name of a prophet, which comes from a Hebrew phrase meaning "my messenger." ...will find and read the malachi chapters. -maybe-

Thanks again,

sofi

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
yes.. it has to do with children.. I forgot that part of the dream..

so IMO if u have had or do have a child it will change you dramatically either in its infancy or in its elder ages.. children are really good at helping their parents deal with psychological problems
it could be someone elses child.. it could also mean that you have to sacrifice your childishness .... it could mean so many things.. it would help to know your life better to interprete it accurately.. its rather vague..

[edit on 1/5/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Thanks purEnergy.

The straight up psych interpretation provided by Blade Runner fits the current situation almost perfectly -

...the growth sounds like your dreams manifestation of some subconscious worry about your daughter now becoming her own person and the pain associated with the growth is probably the pain of raising a child and eventually letting them make choices in life for themselves.

That is happening - full out consciously. And yes, it is painful.

She is growing away from me, making "bad" decisions, and it is sometimes SO tempting just to say, "GO! Now." ...but as a mother, I know I MUST let her finishing growing - at her own speed, in her own way. It's still a sometimes painful burden tho.

The dream is a deadon accurate - and bloody graphic - description of my current process/reality.

...And it may be that that's all there is to it. But ...

My mind and spirits have a way of guiding me subtly down tricky pathways...

FYI - the evening I had the dream - before I went to bed and sleep - I had an incomplete mini-vision of a wall with swirls - the kind I have had before tsunamis or earthquakes. The visual was accompanied by feelings of extreme anxiety (also 'normal' for premonitions), but then was followed by feelings of relief. Although the visual and initial feelings were similar to past 'visions,' I knew I would not find news of a geophysical catastrophe. ...Still haven't figured out what that mini-vision was about either.

Could be this current phase of parenting is taking a much larger toll than I recognise. Maybe not. Maybe there's something larger going on as well. ...The dream told me clearly that it was an important "message" - I just forgot what the message was.

Now I have to figure it out from the beginning.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

=====================

The usual swirl on the wall meant disaster but was followed by a feeling of relief. Your friend was diagnosed with something bad so your guardian showed you that a beautiful child grows from you and continues your life, even in times of such things as terminal cancer. It was a dream designed to show you that all is not lost and your friend will never die.

So your guardian showed you the familiar sign for disaster but followed it with a feeling of relief. Then gave you a dream where a cancerous growth seemed terminal but was overshadowed by the creation of a new beautiful life from within.

This is your guardian speaking to you. She/he knew you were facing the possible death of your friend and created the signs of disaster averted followed by the dream of disaster transcended. It was all done to relieve you of stress in this terrible time.

Death or even the hint of possible death brings the guardians to the fore, as they are the ones who take charge when people pass on.

Inside each of us is an eternally youthful soul and when we die it rises like the phoenix renewed in all its wonder. Death is the greatest thing there is although we are made afraid of it so that we don't live too frivolously.

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action.--Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd.
Hamlet 3:1

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thanks probedbygrays.

Shakespeare was quite a guy, wasn't he?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays

This is your guardian speaking to you. She/he knew you were facing the possible death of your friend and created the signs of disaster averted followed by the dream of disaster transcended. It was all done to relieve you of stress in this terrible time.

You are right of course. As was Blade Runner. Dreams do have many meanings. Thanks again.

...I do take my guardians somewhat for granted, and recognize the therapeutic/informative role of dreams, particularly this one.

But I also am looking for the more secondary/tertiary message - the deeper more universal one. It was there, and I forgot it.

...I used to be able to re-access such messages in the dream state, but haven't tried for a while. Probably should give it a shot.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
i think mulococh is the guardian's way of saying mole-is-caught. Referring to the growth that your friend has. You were given the dream showing that new life comes out of us regardless of our medical problems and then you were left with that word.

I wish I could remember some of the words they have left me and others with because they often leave words which are two or more words in one. Like Shakespeare they use words fluently and seem expert at linking syllables as one would link words. So mulococh sounds like mole-ah-catch or mole is caught. Meaning that the growth your friend has will not prove fatal. It could be a comforting thing to say to ease your worries or it could be what will actually happen.

This morning I woke up at 3 then went back to bed at 4 and was lifted out of my body by my guardian and floated through the house. I was shown certain things and then returned to my body but I could not remember what I was shown except for one thing, a venetian blind opened just enough to see the sky.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Dreaming of infants often denotes the birth of new spirituality. From hardships and challenges deeper understanding and new growth is formed. Perhaps you were dreaming of your friends full recovery and the spiritual growth that will come from the experience.

Prayers to your friend.

new topics

top topics

join