It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Officially Take Control of Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
At 2:30 pm today the newly elected Democratic Party officially took control of congress. While I am a Conservative Republican I would agree that changes need to be made to the course we have been on. I am willing to give Pelosi and her crew a chance; however, I fear that the Democrats may be even worse than the Republican leadership. Hopefully today will be the dawning of a new era of bi-partisanship for the good of everyone rather than a select few.

Note: Anyone that responds to this post please refrain from fighting and bickering. Let’s find common ground and be bi-partisan. I extend my hand to all...
Link

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
And you think that'll save the country and reverse the crap of the last 6 years since 9/11? If you think so, you're in illusions, if you're not, good. The real choice is third party, and if they don't get elected in 2008, this country will either plunge in civil war or become a fascist police state.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Theyre both the same. I remember all the "Democrats will stop this war and bring our troops home" crap during the election. I kept saying over and over the D's will keep it up and if anything itll get worse. So what do they do? That guy from NY there calls for a draft and it looks like we're going to send more troops over.

Taxes? Nobody wants to cut anything. Government by its very nature exists to rob its citizens of both liberty and money.

Theyre all crooks in Washington. Crooks and liars. Rooting for one team or the other makes no diference. If there were only 2 NFL teams what good would rooting for one or the other be? Its just the same season year after year. Sure theres a different "winner" once in a while but its the same damn season over and over and over. All we do it get riled up, drunk and buy overpriced tickets to a show we've all seen 100 times before.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Vitchilo

Re-read my opening statement.

------

thisguyrighthere

I've been saying this for years but if change is going to occur, it must start with you and I friend...the people. One may be correct to say that elected officials will do whatever they so choose regardless of what the people say and want but the more people that join what I am attenpting to start here the more chance we have of making things the way they ought to be.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
As a Republican I will extend my hand also!

But with the other one I will be covering my wallet!

The best thing that can happen in the next 2 years is Gridlock!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
RRconservative

While I agree with your statement concerning your wallet (let the record show that I'm not a rich Republican but I am a dirt poor Republican
) I cannot agree with the gridlock. We must move forward as a nation and begin to solve real problems facing our nation. I will; however, be clutching my firearms to prevent disarment from a democrat controlled congress.

[edit on 4-1-2007 by MooneyBravo]

new topics

top topics

join