It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thylacine Videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

The Thylacine is one of my favorite "possibly" extinct animals. Though it is said to be extinct, rumor has it that people have seen this creature roaming about Austrailia.

Do they still exist?

Here are two short videos of a suppossed Thylacine.

www.youtube.com...

I think the first one is the most ligitamate and looks similar to a greyhound type of dog, but look closely at, not only its gate but its back and general body structure is similar to that of the Tasmanian Tiger.

In my opinon I believe this really is a Thylacine. Notice its long tail. Then again I could be wrong.

Here is the second video. This one also looks like one of them, but it could also be a small fox with mange.

www.youtube.com...

You be the judge

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Reptilianseerrr]

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Reptilianseerrr]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I watched both of the videos, and to me they didn't look like a thylacine. The first vid looks the closest, but i think it's legs look too short and it looks closer to the ground, and its head seems too long, compared to the picture. The second video in my opinion is most likely just a fox, i mean if your filming what 'supposedly' is a thylacine, that has been thought to be extinct for like 30 years, why would you film it for such a short time? But hey thats just my 2 cents

[edit on 4-1-2007 by spurri]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spurri
I watched both of the videos, and to me they didn't look like a thylacine. The first vid looks the closest, but i think it's legs look too short and it looks closer to the ground, and its head seems too long, compared to the picture. The second video in my opinion is most likely just a fox, i mean if your filming what 'supposedly' is a thylacine, that has been thought to be extinct for like 30 years, why would you film it for such a short time? But hey thats just my 2 cents

[edit on 4-1-2007 by spurri]

Yeah I know what you mean. That's what I was thinking about the first video, however...if you examine it closely, pause it while you are watching, you can sort of make out the stripes. Also I think its head is suppossed to be larger than its body and a little bit longer. It's also suppossed to have a strange gate. But another thing is the tail, did you see how long it was? If the creature is not a thylacine then it must be a fox with mange, or some strange dog.

As for the second video, I agree. This one looks like a fox with mange, just like the poor fox's that people thought were the Thylacine in Maryland. lol. It looked more like an anorexic hyena more than a fox, but that's what it was.

If anyone has any more videos of a a Thylacine, post them here.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'd have to agree that the first video is the most convincing. The body shape is generally the same, and stripes are visible in some of the frames. In the second one, no stripes are evident, and the animal has a white blaze on its chest, which isn't found in the thylacine videos from the 30s. Still, the first video was filmed in the 1970s; who's to say that the thylacine hasn't gone extinct since then, if this is indeed a thylacine?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes, the tail did seem pretty long. But it could be a greyhound, I've got one and it runs just like whatever is in the video, who knows? Maybe someone just painted a bunch of stripes on a greyhound and made it run? Or it actually is a thylacine, we make never know!

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yes, the tail did seem pretty long. But it could be a greyhound, I've got one and it runs just like whatever is in the video, who knows? Maybe someone just painted a bunch of stripes on a greyhound and made it run? Or it actually is a thylacine, we make never know!

No I don't think that's a Greyhound. Their gate is not similar to the creature that's running. What I do know is that if this is not a Thylacine it is most definetely some type of canine.

The reason why I think that the first video is uncanningly like a Thylacine is because of its stripes and tail. I don't think anyone painted stripes on the thing. Also look at its tail, very stiff and hard, not flapping around as Greyhounds do. Its ears stick up like a lions, so what could it be? Do any dogs have those lion-like ears?
The animal also runs across the rode, just when a random car is approaching. If it were a dog I don't think the owner would let him run off like that. For a second it looks like the ears are flopping but when you look closer I think they are perked up, and yes, you "can" make out the stripes on the rump following down to its tail.
I think it is a Thylacine, and you're right how do we know they still didn't exist during the 1970s?

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Reptilianseerrr]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I've watched the vid a couple more times, and yes the tail and ears seem out of the ordinary compared to other dogs, and if you look closely you can kind of see that hump on its back just above its back legs, maybe it is a thylacine, it wouldn't be the first time and animal thought to be extinct showed up again.

This same thing happened with the coelacanth, they thought it was extinct but then someone caught one! I find those fish bloody freaky, but lets not get off the topic.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I find those fish bloody freaky, but lets not get off the topic.

I do too! They are freaky. And oh my gosh I spelled road wrong in my other post.
lol.

I'm sure some day some footage will surface of a Thylacine. Why do they always have to be so blurry. -_-

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Reptilianseerrr]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The thylacine looks pretty cute! I hope it's still alive, but it's kind of hard to believe a breeding population would have been sustained for this long without being observed conclusively.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The thylacine looks pretty cute! I hope it's still alive, but it's kind of hard to believe a breeding population would have been sustained for this long without being observed conclusively.

It's too bad that they weren't able to take the DNA of the small Thylacines and clone them. Then again that would be playing with G-d wouldn't it? Can you imagine having a Thylacine as a pet? Haha, walking it on a leash.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Reptilianseerrr]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I hope it's the thylacine. I always thought it was a marvalous animal and a real shame that it went extinct. Personaly the first one looks like a thylacine to me, the second one more fox like but maybe not. The behavior of both are similar though to what i've seen real foxes do, head movement etc.

THylacines had such a bite pressure that their canines easily could puncture strait through sheep skulls in one move. 2 deep holes in the crainium, one bite, owch! and a quickly killed sheep.

I personally feel that at least a few thylacines survived past the date of when scientist proclaimed them extinct. But have those specimens lived to reproduce, where they spread too far away from each other to meet up in time, or did they and maybe a few are living way out in the scrubs.

I'm hoping for the latter.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilianseerrr
It's too bad that they weren't able to take the DNA of the small Thylacines and clone them. Then again that would be playing with G-d wouldn't it? Can you imagine having a Thylacine as a pet? Haha, walking it on a leash.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by Reptilianseerrr]

They had the DNA of an embryo and believed it was sufficient to make a DNA library. Unfortunately it turns out it was too badly degraded.

Ack

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Bassplyer- It's a real shame humans helped cause their extinction. Though other animals have hunted species to extinction, they did so for survival. I don't think many of the guys who went out for a day of thylacine shooting brought them home and made a stew.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by Ack]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Here is some actual footage of a Thylacine taken in 1933. It was probably one of the last of its kind, if in fact they went extinct.

[edit on 10-1-2007 by mrwupy]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have a thylacine, my daughter loves her

(I am just playing of course)

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
very cute dog! Your daughter is adorable too.

Yeah I think it's a shame that man hunted down the last of the thylocine because they hunted the ranchers sheep. I don't like it when man interfeers with natures balance just for our own short sighted gains. In california the island of Catalina is now infested with wild boars that are a nuisance to the people. The boars were brought over to eradicate the local rattlesnake population. now rattlesnakes are rare and rodents and boars run amok.

And I have no clue how wild buffalo got on the island either but they are everywhere. Luckely they don't cause any problems that I'm aware of.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Here is some actual footage of a Thylacine taken in 1933. It was probably one of the last of its kind, if in fact they went extinct.

Oh my god! That thing was real!

[edit on 11-1-2007 by mrwupy]

top topics

join