It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negroponte Done as Intelligence Director

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Bear in mind that Mr. N. comes from a job where just about eerything is highly classified. For the sake of national security, he will be able to avoid talking about "stuff."

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I heard Pres. Bush describe John Negroponte today as getting his start in the federal government with the foreign service under Eisenhower in 1960.

To go from NID to what looks like the job of his choosing as DSS with pretty much a snap of his fingers, Negroponte must know where all the bodies are buried, as well as who put them there, and when.

JO, I think you are right, the guy is pretty much untouchable, beyond reproach.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Mr. Negroponte is the kind of guy who gives Power Behind The Throne real meaning. He and people like him are the ones I most often refer to when I make my posts in the CM forum. He has power without being accountable, and hwne he is accountable....he is careful to develope cover and deniabliity.

He makes an interesting character profile when compared to Condoleeza Rice. In her quest for great authority she's broken just every rule of CYA that any third-year poli-sci student has had drummed in to them. I can say this becuase I illd such a degree. No false advertising here.

If you wanted to ascribe sinister motives, you could make the case that he's maneuvering in behind her to make sure that she goes when she's outlived her usefulness. Pardon the dark-hearted nature of that speculation. It's my job to come up with these things. Negropointe's enough of a loyalist to know that she cand and will turn on the administration if she thinks it will serve her purposes.

After 2008, when the GOP is is full retreat, we'll lose track of this man. He'll slip out of sight as easily as he came back out of the darkness. This would almost be cool if it hweren't for the fact that D.C. is populated with a thousand men and women just like him.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Hmm... so, a retired military officer will be taking over his position, now virtually every single intelligence position (directors) will be held by either active or retired military brass. Interesting trend indeed...

[edit on 4-1-2007 by WestPoint23]

Interesting isn't a word I'd use to describe it. Disconcerting at the very least. Let's hope this is only temporary as I'd hate to see your government start to merge with the military even in the tiniest way possible. It sets bad precedent.(yes I know, he is retired, but still...)

[edit on 5-1-2007 by sardion2000]

It must have been terrifying back in the days of the draft when most folks in the government had been in the military at some point. One can only imagine what sort of mischief that they were up to.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
We are apparently going to hear from the Prsident on this coming Wednesday regarding his plans for Iraq. Does anyone have any new prognostications about Mr. Negopointe before then?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join