It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R-4808N Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
For anyone who isn't familiar with R-4808N, it's the area of Nellis Range Complex that is known as Dreamland. If you look on a flight chart, you will see that it incloses Groom Lake A.K.A Area 51.

Now I know from reading flight charts the code has a meaning

R- Restricted Air Space

4808 is the filing number of Authorization to restrict the airspace (as far as I can tell)

Why is there an "N" at the end? Does it denote that the airspace belongs to Nellis, or that it's in Neveda?

Considering that there is No R-4808 A through M (that I am aware of), What does the N on the end mean?

Tim

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The N just stands for "North." The various range boundaries and designations have changed a number of times over the years. R4808S is fairly tiny on the Nellis Range chart I found online at dreamlandresort.com. I'm not sure that is even the most up-to-date chart.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thanks Shadowhawk!

Tim

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
You might want to check out this section of the Desert Secrets site.

You can see an aeronautical map showing R-4808N and S (the small triangle near the bottom left). The text says that the airspace over Groom is actually designated R-4808E but they dont source it or give ny evidence so make of it what you will.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The former R-4808N is labeled R-4808E on the new Nellis Range Chart. A less detailed version (Fig. 3.1-2) can be found in this document:

www.globalsecurity.org...

top topics

join