It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINALLY proof for me :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I've been studying martial arts for about 6-7 years. I've always been into the spiritual aspect. When I was younger I was convinced I could make balls of energy. Later I came to dismiss it. I've been practicing Nei Kung and Chi Kung again. I've made alot of progress.
I've finally been able to feel the dan tian or navel chakra. I've strengthened it with practice. I started by being able to break objects I couldn't normally, then to move quicker like in Kun Tao. Now (like in Kun Tao and other martial arts demonstrations) I don't feel pain. I can have people hit me wherever they want as hard as they can and it doesn't bruise or anything.
So my question to you is what's going on to keep the pain and brusing away?

Can't wait for a response

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
if you cut yourself do u feel pain? ever see those videos of the people cutting themselves with swords and there are no wounds? you should try that. but dont kill yourself

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It could be something to do with your mind and body relaxing and slowing the blood flow, I would assume you get yourself into a state of relaxation or something before you do these things which can slow the rate of blood flow which will stop it from rushing to the surface to cause a bruise.
I beleive this would be the most likey explanation and hope it's of some help...

I seriously advise you dont go cutting your self ANYWERE, you could cut the wrong place and be in a heap of Mess and blood...

[edit on 2-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Lol, yea, I appreciate the idea (I guess) but I'll stay away from cutting myself. I'm not really in a relaxed state, like I can summon the energy from the dan tian as fast I can carry the thought. I've gotten beaten with metal bats and didn't bruise or feel it, but I think I'll leave it at there.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have also studied martial arts for several years. Many of the techniques used are what will prevent pain and bruising, knowing how to take a hit as well as delivering one effectively.
I am sure that you sensai has shown you breathing excercises, such as breathing out as an opponent strikes you. This will taughten the muscles of the gut without flexing them too hard. The muscle is relaxed enough to absorb the blow, but not so tense that it is injured.
Martial artists also tend to have a greater control of their emotions, they will not become tense due to being in a fight situation, the entire body remains limber and flexible. This also helps to absorb the impact of a strike. Much like a drunk will not hurt themselves when they fall down because their body remains relaxed.
Tense muscles do not react quickly or accurately, strikes will be faster and more powerful if the body is relaxed. This and knowing how to strike correctly will enable you to perform much better.
I have known of martial artist that were disciplined enough to perform acts that would take your breath away just to see them, many talk of channelling their chi energy into strikes, this may have some basis, but I think it's more focus and training that provides the results.
When getting an injection, if you tense the muscle you will have much more muscle injury than you would if you can relax that portion of your body.

I hope that made some sense...

By the way, if you are channelling your chi effectively, you should be able to astral project fairly easily.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hmm. Interesting about the astral projection part. Yea, I projected the second time I tried. I was immature though spiritually and am not yet ready to dive back into those particular waters.

[edit on 2-1-2007 by Wandering]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It makes a certain amount of sense - tempering the mind and body, and learning visualisation techniques should help one to project.
I am not certain what the connection with chi energy is, but everyone whom I have ever met that could channel that energy was able to project with relative ease.
I am glad that you have the maturity to recognise your own growth and the ability to realise that you aren't ready to follow some paths. So many people here are so eager to astral travel that they seem to fall off the path completely.
Good luck on your particular journey.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yea. My old sensei could astral project. He could do seemingly impossible feats. He also claimed he could levitate.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wandering, those who've become accustomed to physical abuse/violence very often do not feel the pain either.

Some of these are quite young children, although people of all ages are able to numb themselves to pain. Very often, if the abuse continues, they cease to show much bruising. The world is full of people (including children) who outwardly appear perfectly happy, when in fact their lives are a living hell due to continual physical abuse. Teachers and doctors often claim they were completely unaware of the abuse; saw no bruising or other physical indicator that abuse was occurring.

Usually, when the victim escapes or is removed from the abusive situation, their capacity to feel pain returns and/or or their need to repress same diminishes, resulting in their feeling pain (stubbed toe, injection, etc) 'as normal'.

So it's clear that everyone -- with or without conscious training -- possesses the ability to deny pain and possibly also, the outward evidence of same.

However, the pain and resultant bruising etc. is registered somewhere, possibly at cellular level, according to those who claim to know.

For example, many who as children were able/forced to deny pain, often suffer from arthritis in later life and not ALWAYS as the result of actual structural damage caused by the childhood abuse.

So, it's very possible that the body 'remembers' the pain, even though at the time that body did not react to it.

I can see the need for abused children (and others) to suppress reaction/pain, but I'm not sure of the benefit gained by someone who deliberately inflicts pain upon their body or invites others to do so.

Is it a 'macho' mindset, posing as 'spirituality'? Is it an illusion of gaining mental control? Does it provide an advantage, psychologically, within martial arts?

Regarding the latter, I realise that suppression of pain could offer advantage within competition or within actual combat. Apart from the obvious though (as above) why would someone inflict pain upon their body simply in order to suppress it? Pain is a practical indicator of damage (and potential further damage) to the physical body (at least in the context under discussion here). It's similar to a warning-light; an alert to the occupant of that body to remove the body from a situation.

If the situation is not one of life or death (and martial arts training doesn't usually fall in that category) what spiritual benefit is to be gained from hurting the body, triggering the warning-light of pain, and then ignoring/suppressing that natural function; pain ? How does this elevate someone spiritually?

Is it mentally, spiritually healthy to engage in such activities? Why not attempt to progress spiritually in a manner that does not abuse the body nor the body's attempt to warn and protect the occupant?

Isn't deliberately and needlessly inflicting and then suppressing pain an actual ABUSE of the body by the occupant? Is it not logical that the body and mind would decide the occupant to be unworthy -- even to 'punish' that abusive-occupant?

Just curious.

top topics

join