It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians would be wise to copy the bible.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
shihulud, With all the time you saved by not reading the bible why don't you read this.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

This forum is for religious discussion...not you immature rantings.

Yeah sorry, just couldnt help myself.
However I'm actually in full agreement that christians should make more of an effort to learn their religion through things like reading/copying the whole bible. They should also aquaint themselves with the Apocrypha (sp?) and other christian texts and if time is not a problem then have a good working knowledge and understanding of other faiths.
However having such knowledge would weaken/destroy the faith of some while hardening the faith of others.

G

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Could you imagine the beautifull illuminated books people could once again create by a daily pause to copy some text? Each page a beautiful recreation of the wonders that are inside.

Front Piece of my Book

Something like that. Well not exactly because that is for my pagan book and wouldent realy work for the bible but something along those lines. Perhaps christians would be more accepting of others if they truly had an understanding of their own faith.

I personaly miss the fine art of illumination. It made books more pleasing to the eye and they became treasures. Not only for the literary work inside associativly throwing a glimpse into the personal thoughts of the person transcribing the text.

<< 1   >>

join