It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Airport Security a Farce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well after having our Fascist Police bringing the country to a standstill over alleged chemical bombs, by people who did not have tickets or passports to board planes and the continuing crap about not taking liquids on board (of cousre you can buy plenty Airside) I now have proof that the whole issue is CRAP.

Being unfortunate to be coping with a number of ailments this intailed me carrying a fair amount of medical kit. Needless to say when this all went through the Airport Security I was asked what was in the bag and could it be looked at, well 2 seconds later that was it, no questions about what are all those liquids, whats in the syringes, etc. and no one bothered to check me over even though I have equipment strapped to my body. Same coming back from France, all I was asked for was did I have a certificate for the gear and that was it, got searched when I set off the metal detector but was allowed through with no further checks.

So there you have it, thats an example of how good our and EU securty is, its a good job I'm not some would be terrorist because its obvious from that experience how easy it would be to get a bomb on a plane. Or maybe the security staff are really clever and just look for people who look like Muslims.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I agree with you. I managed to take on board a large stanley knife while flying to Denmark last month. It was a total accident and i didn't find it in my ruck sack untill the day before i was to fly back so i left it in Denmark.

If you want to get something on a plane try stanstead airport on a monday morning the security staff were that busy they scanned my rucksack and just waved me through.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Not just the UK...in an airport recently traveled through in the US, I was able to walk from baggage claim, outside for a breath of air, back to baggage claim, and then, on a whim, back into the terminal I had just arrived from and all the way up to the gate to board the next flight. No one stopped me, asked me my name, or anything. I could easily have gone outside, gotten something, brought it back in, and managed to do something dastardly...

And no one even noticed. NOT ONE PERSON. Even the security guard sitting there who greeted us when I deplaned noticed that I was going back.

Sad...

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No mcoy, but if you managed to get it through a scanner without one person seeing a rather LARGE knife made of METAL without being stopped then I'd like to know what airport you went to?

Every airport I've been through has had me searched, bag explosive tested and once I was hand searched, mabye its just me looking like a dodgy sailor but frankly the security at most airports I see are rather heavy. Hell southampton is patrolled by armed guards.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aimless Searcher
Not just the UK...in an airport recently traveled through in the US, I was able to walk from baggage claim, outside for a breath of air, back to baggage claim, and then, on a whim, back into the terminal I had just arrived from and all the way up to the gate to board the next flight. No one stopped me, asked me my name, or anything. I could easily have gone outside, gotten something, brought it back in, and managed to do something dastardly...

And no one even noticed. NOT ONE PERSON. Even the security guard sitting there who greeted us when I deplaned noticed that I was going back.

i'd like to know what airport that was. i've travelled quite a bit since 9/11, and up until jan 1 (i hope), i was a smoker, so i was always ducking out on the layovers and ducking back in. i have never been to an airport, large or small, in which i didnt have to go back through security coming back in....no matter where i went to smoke. in some cases out through baggage claim, in others to the rental car areas.....there was always security to go back through.

so i'll ask again...what airport? and why didnt you file a complaint about the TSA agent who let you back through without checking you? didnt it occur to you that (especially after 9/11) maybe he should have been reprimanded for not doing his job?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
May last year travelling from Liverpool to Geneva, after 2 days in Geneva I realised I had left a knife in my coat pocket, it went through security at Liverpool without being detected. Its the same old story the systems are only as good as those who operate them.

The question is are the recent threats real or is it all just devices to control us. Its obvious from these events that a very determined terrrorist would get devices through with very little trouble.

Snafu aren't security staff trained and dont they have test runs to see what can get past the security checks, its human error and thats what the would be terrorist relies on.

A couple of years back I was working with customs at Manchester, same thing, knife in pocket, I told the security staff, they waved me on as I had an airport pass. It does not instill you with great trust in these people or their systems. Again is the threat real or is it just another people control method.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

Snafu aren't security staff trained and dont they have test runs to see what can get past the security checks, its human error and thats what the would be terrorist relies on.

exactly, which is why aimless should have located that agents supervisor and at the very least made a verbal complaint.....i would have followed that up with a written complaint afterwards, and if that didnt have any effect, i'd be writing letters to the news media. safety is everyone's responsibility, and as you pointed out MM, human error is what the terrorists would be counting on.

top topics

join