It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

j-xx

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
some images of the j-xx

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

Mod Note: Aircraft Projects Forum Posting Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wow, that's a cool plane! Chinese, eh? Why do I feel like they took the best of the F-22 and the best of the Euro-Fighter Typhoon and mixed 'em together?

Like a Raptoon kinda plane.

Nice pics.
Cuhail

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Holy Crap, Its a thing of beauty!!!!

Be interesting to see what happens if China does develop this thing

Jason

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
These photos are all cgi. Clearly fakes.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Fanboy CGI
But has anyone any sources for the model? Is it based on any Chinese scetches or just someones dream? Is the design even plausible?

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Nothing official as of yet, the J-12 is still under concept and initial development, but it will likely be twin engined and feature two horizontal stabilizers, the layout will probably be conventional, sort of like the F-15's design.

J-12

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Take care, these pix are more fraudulent.
Yes, general latout is right, but if the person who knew a little aerodynamics, will not put the foreward wing front of side-airintake like this. Air flow through the canard won't be allowed into inlet if you design an aircraft you should know this.
On the other hand, the wing was put backward too much, which cause the lift focus also being backward too much. Backward focus of lift means you have to obtain much more balanced lifts rely on canards. The canards that supply more lifts means bigger square leading to more weight, so this is not a rule for design aircraft.
Only one thing, these pix showed rightly is CARET air-intake used.

There is a layout of another competiter uploaded somewhere still not been unveiled.

WestPoint23 just put a quite old link making joke to us. you knew it, don't you?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This J-12, I have never seen it before but it sure looks alot like the F-22. Hopefully the chinese didn't spy on the americans
What's the role of this plane, fighter/bomber?

[edit on 3-1-2007 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
CGI ... good CGI though!

The plane looks great. I'd like to know where the inspriration for this design came from, whether it was from the F-22 or some preliminary chinese drawings.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
As emile says, the canard will not go ahead of a side air-intake, and the wing is too far back for an effective static margin.

Also, the vertical stabilisers are too small, the canards protrude beyond the mach cone angle of the wings, and the whole aircraft is also far too slender (the design mach number would be 5 or something similarly stupid!).

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
WestPoint23 just put a quite old link making joke to us. you knew it, don't you?

The question was what would the J-12 (next gen Chinese fighter look like). And as far as I'm concerned the general layout the link gives is supposed to be the right one, but if you have an official government design, please share.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Is that ? Clint Eastwood I see flying that .lol

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is J-12 in fact. Since J-10 has already declassified, we have known that aerodynamic design of J-10 is as better as F-16 at least, if you won't always put your competiter in fool, you won't think that PLA will satisfied with a next generation Fighter only same as F-15, the rather that PLA has got Su-30 for a long time.

For the Chinese new generation combat jetfighter, the model number will be J-13 or J-14. Of course, the model number is not important matter, it important is what the layout will be before any detailed design being.
The pics post by Roave are quite interesting, all goal seems to be designed for all moving vertical-dorsal fin, if not, it won't be drawed like this. But also there are some other ways to fit all moving dorsal fin, not only this way.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I'am not sure if it's about "wanting" to satisy with with less good fighters, but more that that's all they can do with the current experties they have. I'am not saying that they are bad, or stupid. Just that they don't have the same ammount of expirience as USA. Things that can only be learned buý testing. In the future, they will make planes just as good, but that time is not here yet.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
Take care, these pix are more fraudulent.
Yes, general latout is right, but if the person who knew a little aerodynamics, will not put the foreward wing front of side-airintake like this. Air flow through the canard won't be allowed into inlet if you design an aircraft you should know this.
On the other hand, the wing was put backward too much, which cause the lift focus also being backward too much. Backward focus of lift means you have to obtain much more balanced lifts rely on canards. The canards that supply more lifts means bigger square leading to more weight, so this is not a rule for design aircraft.
Only one thing, these pix showed rightly is CARET air-intake used.

There is a layout of another competiter uploaded somewhere still not been unveiled.

I agree with Emile but today in obession of entire modern air forces is all about the control of very extreme unstable fighter jet. In order to make jets supermaneuverable, they would try to tune inch by inch on paper in today's great thinking people. Though F-22 and Typhoon is very unstable jets. That why the designers want to go more further to overwhelming flight performance with top-line avonics and engines.
This pics of J-XX isn't going to fly in real life but it is only another show off design from China. I hope they would go for better design because I believe I'm not wrong about Raptors, they are already delcared unmatched by any fighter jets in the world for potiental performances. USAF generals know they got best jet in the world. I hope Chinese-thinkers could thunder the world with their new jet, that because I simply know USAF and Brits' RAF, oh that include Russia will build new and more advanced jets. Would there be fun competition. Go to yahoo and click on image on search bar and type Pak-Fa and you'll see awesome straight-wing fighter version of Berkut.

new topics

top topics

join