It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Elbowing Miller to cost Kobe two games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Kobe Bryant has proven that he can actually recieve punishment. A frustrated Kobe took out his aggresions on the court several days ago. A big thank you to the NBA for attempting to bring this guy back to reality.

Story Link

Bryant was called for a flagrant foul for elbowing Miller with 8:24 remaining in the fourth quarter in Wednesday night's 100-99 overtime loss to the Grizzlies. He is scheduled to serve his suspension Sunday, when the Lakers host Utah, and Tuesday, when Los Angeles plays at the Jazz.

"Very surprised. Shocked, actually. Very, very surprised," Bryant said after practice Friday. "Angry and frustrated. I've been hit with a couple of flagrant fouls already this year. I've been hit with a clothesline and no suspensions come of that. and I get two games for this?"

After the game, Bryant was unapologetic. He was cut over his left eye early in the third quarter when Miller elbowed him while driving to the basket. Bryant left the game briefly, and took three stitches to close the wound.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sorry Kobe, you get no sympathy from me. I like his attitude... "They did it to me first so why am I getting punished?" Isn't that something most people learned at about the age of eight? Two wrongs don't make a right...

Just goes to show you the mentality of some "professional" sports players in this modern age.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
double post

[Edited on 12/31/05 by Lostsailor]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I believe Kobe's defense was that the elbowing was "consensual". I think he's gonna buy Miller a ring.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I believe Kobe's defense was that the elbowing was "consensual". I think he's gonna buy Miller a ring.

top topics

join