It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: One More Monday Night for ABC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This coming Monday will be the last Monday Night game televised by ABC, at least for the forseeable future. Sister network ESPN will be broadcasting the Monday games next season, and week 17 won't have a Monday night game due to college Bowl season. So, this is it. New England and the Jets. After the highs and lows that MNF has brought us for 36 seasons, this is what we are left with. Hopefully it is a game to be remembered.

Source - Yahoo Sports

In its heyday, it seemed like everyone was watching. Not only did it showcase the best of America's most popular sport, it did it with style and drama. "Monday Night Football" revolutionized the way sports were shown on television -- but not just that: "Monday Night Football" revolutionized when sports were shown on television. Long before ESPN, "Monday Night Football" propelled them from weekend afternoons to primetime.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
This isn't going to change much, ESPN has been doing MNF for the last few years anyway, both station being owned by the same company. It was just broadcast on ABC.

[Edited on 12/23/05 by truenorth]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
ABC had a good run with it.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
ABC will have Sunday night games, which will probably end up being what MNF is now. there are many homes that do not have cable access and that was one of the things that made MNF what it is. the fact that anyone who had a television could tune in to watch it.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Frank Gifford and "Dandy" Don Merideth have taped short features that will be presented during tonights game...too bad Howard Cosell won't be with them

it is hard to believe that Monday Night Football has been on for 36 years, when it debued it was a revoulutionary idea, sports in prime time during the week, this was well before ESPN and it's zillion college basketball games a week, the marriage of sports and entertainment in what had been "family time" on television was a bold gamble that has paid off in spades for ABC. it is the end of an era

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I got to see some of the retropspectives that they did list night, that was pretty cool. Didn't catch the post-game, they had a special on called "Lights Out". Did anyone catch that?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nope, missed it Gibbs. I've been thinking on this move, it's probably to generate more revenue, get more people to sign up for cable. It's not like Disney isn't about money.

[Edited on 1/2/06 by truenorth]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I heard last night that ESPN will no longer have NFL Primetime on Sunday nights. I wonder why that is?

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
I heard last night that ESPN will no longer have NFL Primetime on Sunday nights. I wonder why that is?

A move to ABC? It all seem redundant as Disney owns them all.

new topics

top topics

join