It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: Bonds to return Monday 9/12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The long-awaited return of baseballs best hitter has finally arrived. After simulated games, Bonds has shown no ill effects from any running or hitting. He will not be just pinch-hitting, but will start out in Left field. His hopes are to power the giants into the playoffs, in a division that has been said to have no deserving teams. The Giants are back 7 games, along wth the Dodgers and D-Backs. With 3 weeks left in the season, it may give Bond enough time to surge the Giants to the top.

SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds will be activated from the disabled list Monday after being medically cleared to play by Dr. Lewis Yocum.

"I'm excited," Bonds told MLB.com. "It's been a long haul. About a month ago, I really didn't think I would make it back this year. Now let's see what happens."

Bonds, who hasn't played all season while recovering from three operations on his right knee since Jan. 31, would be available to resume his quest for the home run record when the Giants open a three-game series against first-place San Diego on Monday night at SBC Park.

Link: Bonds to be Activated Monday

Personally, I can't wait. Seeing him return will make watching NL West games that much more fun. I'd rather see the Giants in there than the Padres. If bonds can keep up his usual play, he should give the Giants a realistic shot at the playoffs, especially with 6 or 7 games left with the Padres... which is the team he will be debuting against.

[Edited on 15/9/05 by TRD]

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that the giants are not gonna make a run, even though i would like to see it,

I just wanna see Bonds hit some more homers!!

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think I took Bonds' playing ime in the past for granted. I didn't realize how much more fun he made it to watch a game. This season when I go to watch a Giants-Dodgers game... it's just boring for me. But with Bonds, I will be watching every game thant I can.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Bonds led off the 2nd inning with a ground rule double. Durham singled to right to drive him in the next pitch. Seems he has already made an impact. I'd be watching, but wouldn't ya know it? My cable ent out today.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Barry Bonds' first night back in the line-up was an xciting, and productive one. In his first at-bat, he worked the count and finally lined a double, inches from being his 704th career HR, in the 11th pitch of the at-bat. Had not a fan reached and grabbed the ball, it would have hit the wall, about half a foot below the top. It resulted in a ground-rule doube, which eventaully turned into a run when Ray Durhm dove him in. He finished the night 1-4 with a 2B and and a R. In his 3rd at bat, he missed a HR by about 10 feet. It's obvious that Bonds is back, and will definately impact the way his team plays. They are 6 games back of the Padres, the Dodgers are 5. If the Giants catch the Pads, then their nextworry will be fending off or passing the Dodgers to take first in the wild-card. Once Moises Alou rejoins he line-up with Bonds, then t will result in even more runs.

It is said thatBonds may sit out tomorrows game, but is highly likely to Pinch-Hit if the situation calls for it. I'm hoping in the last 19 games, he gets at least 7 HR's. In this case, he'll only need 45 more HR's to tie Hank Aaron, which is the toal he has had since the 2000 season. People said he would not hit very well, and as thjis was true when talking about timing and what pitches he swung at, it is clear, that even OFF steroids, that is even if he took them, he can still hit the ball a ton. i think his performance tonightimpressed everyone.

new topics

top topics

join