It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent News in E Vote accountability [USA]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Links stolen from Slashdot but buttered with my own style:

We all know diebold backed off from suing edu institutions. What we don't know is that if they had taken the case to court and lost they would set a precedent. That's why they backed off.

From sustained activism the lower levels of the media are finally picking the dangers up. Will that be enough? What legislative action are we seeing?

I present thee a link roll:

Nevada. Smart state. Got a lot of slot machines. Rigorous rules to make one. Decided there's no reason a voting machine shouldn't follow the same rules. (Isn't that funny? Gambling machines are regulated better than voting machines in most states? LMAO.
) Senator Dean Heller is requiring a paper trail: www.rgj.com... On Nevada voting machines in general: www.lasvegassun.com...

Next. The enemy has banded together and created a monster known as ETC: news.com.com... Think about that. Those companies responsible for constructing the new channels of democracy are banding together to have more bargaining power.

Senator Bob Graham (D-Florida), god bless his soul, graham.senate.gov... requires a voter verified audit trail, bans the use of "undisclosed" software and wireless communication for software ... all for Nov 2004.

Rep. Holt requires similarly with holt.house.gov... I hope the powers that be won't block the bill based on time frame issues. We need a semblance of democracy NOW, not later.

Another email representing Diebold's intention to Maryland: www.gazette.net...

Life's sweet. Eat it up.

join