It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have an original William Fuld Ouija board, my father's second wife's son, well HIS father was given it when he was a kid..........then when I was a kid I got it from my step brother by trading something for it, only cause nobody wanted to deal with the depths of using it. It's really very old and the planchette is original too. I've used it once when I was college with two of my best friends.....in the process of using the board, a window in my bedroom smashed out of it's frame and the room felt like it was charged with electricity.....I know it sounds weird but it scared the hell out of my two friends and I. During the same sitting, one of my friends, Jodie, she just started crying and she wouldn't stop.....she didn't know why herself but it freaked me out. I'm wanting to try the board myself because I've always had this eerie sence of magic since I was a little kid.....always felt like I had a destiny for something like that......I'd like to try the board but does anyone have any insites or opinions that could be a possitive or negative upon me using the board alone?

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The thread about not messing with the OCCULT!

Did you see the excorcist?

THREAD

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Every experience I've heard of and seen has been bad. Sometimes it starts out fun, but it always starts to radiate towards dark energies, dark spirits, and dark feelings. And those who continued to use it for a while after that happened haven't been able to rid themselves of this darkness after they quit using the board.

Then there's one of my aunts who has gone through that darkness, and continues to use it. Her reasoning is that she is bringing insight into people's lives, fortelling how they will die, what horrible things took place in their households, etc. I personally think that's just wrong. Why make a person miserable by letting them know something bad they can't do anything about, like the dark history of their house. And it's NEVER been a positive message, like there was a lot of love in this house, unless the love was broken somehow.

I would stay away.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I sleep at night with my ouija board between my mattresses on my bed...........one night I had it there and I had some really scarey dreams........I woke up one night hearing voises in my pillow.........as far as I remember I wasn't in a deep sleep, it was as if the voises were there as if standing in front of me........I've had some definate weird experiences since I've come into possession of this board.....but I can honestly say I won't give me board away or destroy it.....

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It all depends on the way you are using it. If you treat the board and its contacts with respect, everything is fine. Treat it with ill intent, and expect the same in return.

People who say the board is evil have seen too many movies. IT IS A TOOL.

I have made several different types of boards, each one designed for a specific type of entity or spirit. Even the most "evil" board I created (lightning struck oak, with the Necronomican's Names of Calling inscribed along its perimeter) was a tool; it allowed me to contact some rather... unusual beings, but nothing evil or wrong happened.

And remember, the board has a fail-safe: you. The spirits can only talk if you permit them to. They manipulate your body, your energies, to move the pointer; that is why you have to maintain contact with it. If the spirits could do it themselves, they would. If something "evil" comes on, you can mentally push them out. If it lingers, then let go of the pointer, it's that simple.

AN interesting experiment to try is place some kind of picture under the board; if you place a tarot card, you will contact the entity of that card. Place a one dollar bill underneath, and expect something unusual (money IS the root of all evil). Whatever is placed under, you will reach.

Likewise, placing a quartz crystal atop of the pointer will amplify the signals coming in, making them stronger, quicker, more focused.

I say YES to the board. IT IS A TOOL. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just keep one thing in mind...

This usually starts out great... You get a lot of answers to questions, and the cooperating spirit, or spirits seem very helpful and pleased.

Unfortunately, eventually they will turn. Whether this is inherent in their nature, or they are replaced by an impersonating entity, who knows...but the fact is...it happens.

As long as you can recognize when this "shift" occurs, fine, you can gain some valuable insight into the way things really are (then stop using it for a bit). However, this shift is usually very subtle. I'd recommend automatic writing over the Ouija..simply because there will be a point when the writing and word styles are different, and it's easier to detect the shift. This isn't the case with a Ouija board...

Once you start to use it frequently, the "doorway" so to speak, is opened by your conscious will. Only an experienced occultist can "close" it with will easily. However, with disuse of the board, the doorway will eventually seal back up (so you can simply wait a little bit (amount of time I'd give is a couple months) before trying it again, or you'll get the same nasty talking). However, while open, the board serves as a physical anchor to this reality. This is another reason auto writing is superior to Ouija...there is no anchor (except your will and desire to talk), and thus the doorway, is a more temporary one.

You can believe me, or not...makes no difference. What is, is what is. Just don't say I didn't warn you. It can be rewarding, but know when to get out. Also, you could get a nasty right from the start...though it's rare.

EDIT: As soothsayer says, it is a tool...the board is not "evil" itself, just may lead to contact those who are...though rarely initially... Another sidenote, the crystal suggestion does seem to have merit I've heard... Sometimes, a board can serve as an anchor to a specific entity...especially if designed to do just that during it's construction...(you'll find this with homemade boards). How the board is made though, is less important than what the maker's intentions and mood at the time... This is why mass-produced ones are rather benign, and it's more hit or miss what you contact....

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
So the best thing to do anyway is still Astral Projection. You meet a "nasty" there you can just will yourself to another places if you want (and if you have the mental skill and the energy to do so).

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If you have the skill to get there in the first place...you usually can. However, my first two Astral trips happened rather accidentally, (and scared the # out me I might add, hehe..)
Since then, I've gotten better, but I'm still way amateur at that one...

Biggest surprise for me...was that there actually is a silver cord....I always thought that was bunk, before it happened....

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You got further than I did. The furthest I got was about 12ft away from my body.

And I really think that Astral Projection is much safer than using a ouija board. Also you don't only get to know. You get to experience... And they also say that other beings can't lie to you because telepathy exists there. (Can't confirm that last one yet though...)

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, I never "saw" any entity speak there...(was telepathic, though I suspect they could lie all the same if they wished it) My trips weren't that long.

The first two were accidental....and due to me being knocked unconscious. Seems I don't like that, and "jump ship" from my body when it happens, hehe...
It wasn't until the second time, that I noticed the cord. Since then, I haven't made it too far either, except a couple times I "shot up" (that's where I saw "others", just humanoid shaped light globs....), then came back down (and then snapped back and alert).

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
GAZROK- I agree with the homemade boards versus the store bought ones; just as a repeat, I've made sveral for various functions. Store ones are good, though you might have to use the technique of using an image placed underneath it.

A couple types I have made...

1. Created a regular board/copy of store bought. I etched into each corner a symbol of an element, and "infused" that element (fire was burned, water was saturated, air had an airpocket inside, and earth little pinpricks smoothed with sand). I'd say the types of entities I reached were shamanistic/natural type spirits.

2. My "Necro" board. Made a box, roughly three feet by 1 1/2 feet by 6 inches. Painted it with oil based black, silver lettering. No numbers, no yes/no, no sun/moon. On the top surface, along the top were the first set of letters, on the bottom, the second set. In the center, still in silver, the design from the paperback Necronomican. Along the edges, I placed the symbols of the 50 names of calling. For a pointer, I just used a large rubbing crystal, with a black-ink circle on its flat side. This board recieved very strong spirits... harsh in movements. Usually when I use a board, I can "hear" what is said before it is spelled out, but with this one, I got... fog? Static? I couldn't understand it.

TheBandit795- Astral projection really isn't safer than using a board. With a board, you can "turn off", while with projection, you have crossed over into their realm of existance. But, then again, I suppose it's all up to what you are doing, or what your state of mind/intent is when doing those things.

It has been my experience that entities cannot lie when you are on a board, because you do feel the answers. However, they can manipulate the wordings so they can hide the truth. Just like the movie "WishMaster", you have to be very specific with how you state something, unless you know the thing you are communicating with.

I've created a small guide for myself, with the names and behaviors of the entities I regularly keep in contact with, to help me sort out the information. Some change the questions to suit their needs, others will answer out right before the question is finished being asked. After a while, you'll learn what to look for, and how to handle it.

*As a finishing remark...*

There was this one store bought board I had that I always had trouble with. I kept getting this spirit that would interrupt or push aside whatever I was talking to... the pointer would constantly go to "Z". After a while, it pissed me off, so I peeled off the Z from the board. Problem solved? No...

After a few more uses, my "Z" returned. How?

The pointer turned sideways and would go on the "N".

I thought it was funny, logged "Z" into my guide. Got rid of the board, though.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Guys I used my board last night not that long after I logged out of here......It was around 1am cause I'm an night owl and stay up late most of the time......anyways I used my board and nothing happened. Sometimes it's a hit and miss thing but I put it away after about an hour in my bedside table drawer.....last night scared me because I was awaken in the middle of the night by a "sliding" noise.....like something was being pushed across a floor or a table.....it was comming from the drawer I put my board in......I raced out of my room and slept down stairs in the livingroom..........was that a "delayed" contact guys? I mean I thought that you could only make contact while you were using the board and your fingers were on the pointer? I'm still down staires right now using my other computer cause I'm scared to go up stairs to my room lol.......

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It's well known how these work -- it's your subconscious doing it. The more weirded out YOU and the other participants get, the stranger the messages get.

It's fake.

Here's a simple test: If it was demons/supernatural, then it'd have information that you couldn't possibly know, right? So you and a friend sit down to the board. Have someone reach into a box of rice and pull up a handfull of rice. Then ask the board how many grains of rice are in that person's hand.

If it can pass the rice test (you can do it with pennies or dimes or dried beans, even) and can pass it 20 times in a row, then it's obviously supernatural. If the answers don't exceed random chance for this, then it's bogus.

And if the board fails to answer, it's bogus.

Try it.

(note: there ARE some legit uses for it even though it does report from your own subconscious and not from supernatural sources. A lot of the time it can be used to uncover things that may be bothering you at some subconscious level so that you can address them (like doing something about getting easily weirded out).)

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So what you're saying it I was making it move while I was sleeping? hehehehe from what I heard in my drawer I don't think I was doing it.....I mean IT woke me up.....

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have an old one as well (1950's I think). It's not the Parker Bros reproduction. The original planchette was missing so I made one with my friends. There were some strange things that came in through the board. Like soothsayer said earlier, It's a tool. You don't get freaked out when you get a wrong number phone call. It's basically the same thing. You get what you put into it. You charge it with negative energy you'll get negative results.

I had two people at a party once who used the Ouija board to find out my SS#. They did not know me. I was trying to prove they were goofing and asked them something I thought they would never spell out on the Ouija. When they pointed out the 6th consecutive number of my Social Security # I freaked out. Very spooky. I believe in them.

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm trying to take a pic of my William Fuld original ouija board I've got....give me a couple of min.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
ok here is my picture. I actually went to the website that YOUR picture you just posted was and found it. THIS is exactly what mine looks like
www.museumoftalkingboards.com...

It's the 10th one down the list there......

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
How did you post THAT picture in your msg on here? I wanna show ya what mine looks like?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
If I wanted to make a really good ouija board, what would be the best materials to make it with? I'm not talking the kind of board made out of cardboard and mark.............a good quality one I mean. Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Saving time... someone replied to me in regards to this question, so I'll just post it.

I've always found in these matters that your subconscious self knows what to do. Just like all the do-it-yourself books out there, you know what is right and wrong for your own needs/styles. So how would YOU make a board?

Like with my examples, I used oak for the "evil" one (I don't like oak trees... even though they are good with the Native American Indians... they are diturbing). For the shamanistic board, I used a good sized piece of drift wood.

I wouldn't think the materials would really matter, it all depends on what kind of energy you put into the creation process. Hell, I've made a board out of a cardboard box that worked just as well as any other kind!

I guess the biggest need is to have a smooth surface... you can do this in many ways, from a good paint, to the spray-on plastic clear-coat. Have to make sure the pointer has a smooth bottom (duh).

I am planning on making a board with steel ball-bearings, painting certian balls for the lettering. The only problem with this board is keeping the bearings inside the framework... might have to recess individual balls into pits...

But anyway... the energy you put into the board is more important than the things you make the board out of. You can even make a board on your computer, and have the mouse as the pointer; this is effective in that there is already a connecting energy!

Experiment!

new topics

top topics

join