It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Prince Naseem arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Former boxing world champion Prince Naseem Hamed has been arrested after a man was seriously hurt in a car crash.

Police are questioning Hamed, 31, and two other men after the star's Mercedes sports car was involved in a collision with two other cars in Sheffield. A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said three men were arrested on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident. A women is in hospital and seems to have suffered cuts and bruises. She was a passanger of the seriously injured man.

Hamed was widely regarded as one of Britain's most exciting boxing talents. Hamed made his professional debut in 1992 and remained unbeaten until April 2001, when he lost on a unanimous points decision to Mexico's Marco Antonio Barrera.

Source: BBC Sport

South Yorkshire Police said three men were arrested on suspicion of leaving the scene of an accident. The three also face claims they attempted to pervert the course of justice. They were bailed until August.

Police said the boxer's Mercedes was travelling out of the city with a Ford Mondeo when the star's car was in collision with a Volkswagen Golf driving in the opposite direction. The driver of the Golf had to be cut free from his car before being airlifted to hospital with a suspected broken leg and fractures to both arms. A female passenger also sustained cuts and bruises. Half of the front wing of the boxer's car was ripped off in the accident.

hmm.. i didnt know about this till now.

[Edited on 3/5/05 by TRD]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Disgrace

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i dont think it was alcohol or drugs as hes a muslim, i think he was a converted one aswell and due to him converting, i think he would have to sustain the values much more.

i think he was speeding

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Still a disgrace, he should be locked away.

top topics

join