It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Great 'tall' of China: 7-foot-8 Sun eyes NBA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
And even Yao looks up. The Asian invasion is happening on the most american of sports, basketball. If he lives up to his potential they way they chat him up on here, I hope he goes to the JAzz.

Story link

Sun Ming Ming is China's latest NBA prospect, and at 7-foot-8 3/4, the 21-year-old is roughly two inches taller than former No. 1 pick Yao Ming of the Houston Rockets.

"With his size, that intrigues everybody," former NBA player Keith Gatlin told the News & Record after working out with Sun. "He can really shoot the ball to be that size. The challenge for him now is to get mobile, to get up and down the court."

The lure of the NBA is certainly exciting to the raw big man.

"I have more opportunities here," Sun told the News & Record through interpreter Hsiao-Yin Chu. "I have the opportunity to play with the best players in the world and get into good basketball."

Related Links

Ming training in Greensboro

[Edited on 19/4/05 by TRD]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
7ft 8' is huge.

Will that mean he will be a great player just because of his height? I don't watch it that much so i wouldn't know. But you would think he could get it in the basket with ease..

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak

Will that mean he will be a great player just because of his height?

That's not necessarily so, but it doesn't jurt, either. Shaz is a dominate player, in large part (HaH!) because of his size. But, you do need some skills to go along with the size to be an effective player. From what that article says, I'd think this guy has it.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Does anyone know if he is actually going to enter the draft or is he going stay out a year or to before he makea a decision.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
That's a scary sort of height. If nothing else he can be turned into a shot-blocking machine.

I wouldn't mind him at the Nets if he's as good as they say.

posted on Jun, 21 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Not the nets........Raps maybe but not the Nets

top topics

join