It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Coca-Cola League One results 12/02/05

page: 1

log in


posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:18 PM
Luton midfielder Ahmet Brkovic scored a last-gasp winner against Hull in a thrilling finish between the top two in Coca-Cola League One.

The Hatters are now four points clear of Peter Taylor's side after the late drama at Kenilworth Road. Brkovic headed past Boaz Myhill with just a minute left on the clock, latching on to Steve Robinson's cross from the right wing.

Hull's defeat meant Tranmere had the chance to go second, but Brian Little's side remained third after drawing with Colchester at Prenton Park. Eugene Dadi had given the hosts an early lead but they could not find a second and Joey Keith levelled for The Us.

Sheffield Wednesday also missed the chance to put pressure on the league's pacesetters, going down 2-1 to Yorkshire rivals Bradford. The Bantams, who have promotion hopes of their own, took the lead in the sixth minute at Hillsborough through Nicky Summerbee. Steven MacLean levelled for the Owls with 19 minutes left but Owen Morrison came off the bench to grab a last-minute winner for the visitors.

Bournemouth thrashed Oldham 4-0 at Dean Court after an impressive second-half performance. Steven Fletcher had given the hosts the lead in the 28th minute and Garreth O'Connor added a second on the hour mark. James Hayter added a third with nine minutes remaining before O'Connor wrapped up the scoring in the final stages.

Tcham N'Toya came off the bench for Chesterfield to score the only goal of the game at Doncaster. The French youngster replaced Wayne Allison early on at Belle Vue but waited until the 87th minute before breaking the deadlock after good work from Shane Nicholson.

Milton Keynes Dons' hopes of survival were boosted by a last-minute winner by Clive Platt against Huddersfield. Andy Booth had given the visitors the lead at the National Hockey Stadium, only for Izale McLeod to level. Platt struck in injury time, volleying home to give his side the points.

Bottom side Stockport moved a step closer to relegation after a 2-1 defeat at Edgeley Road to Port Vale. Nathan Lowndes and Billy Paynter scored either side of half-time for the visitors, and Adam Le Fondre scored late on to set up an exciting finish.

A Sam Parkin brace against Barnsley maintained Swindon's charge towards the play-off places. The striker scored after 13 minutes at the County Ground, only for Jacob Burns to level on the half-hour mark. Parkin had the last word with the winner 14 minutes from time.

Wrexham salvaged a point against Torquay at the Racecourse Ground after Juan Ugarte's late leveller. The visitors had led since Jo Kuffour's 20th-minute strike, but Ugarte struck with three minutes left.


new topics

log in