It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO RESPECT

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Zero respect for human life. if our leaders don't stop envisioning the population as just a bunch of numbers, we will never have a peaceful society.

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraqi Health Ministry officials ordered a halt to a count of civilian casualties from the war and told workers not to release figures already compiled, the head of the ministry's statistics department told The Associated Press on Wednesday

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031210/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_civilian_casualties

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I just can't believe it...this cannot be allowed t o happen surely? There needs to be a count of how many innocent Iraqi people were killed in the Bull# war for, America and the U.K can' tbe allowed to cover their asses like this surely? This is wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
You are right earthtone, it is a given that the US is not going to report civilians casualties, but to totally STOP counting is sick and IMO shows an enormous lack of respect for human life. They wonder why the Iraqi people are pissed... unreal

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Matters more to US gov. thatn the innocent killed by that gov.

And btw,

This really doesnt surprice me..

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   
maybe its also good if they stop counting theyre own casualties and the ones in afghanistan...those kids who were killed last week showed the way the usa is doing its biznizz

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
That was total of 15 Kids killed by US forces in Afganistan last week..

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
i thinkkk thats the 15 i was talking about....

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph

9 By airstrike, 6 were killed as a wall of one building collapsed.. that also was caused by US troops.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM

Originally posted by jozuph

9 By airstrike, 6 were killed as a wall of one building collapsed.. that also was caused by US troops.

where that those kids that died while they attacked this so-called terrorist ???

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   
A-10s striked a target that was supposedly a 'terrorist'..

Killed 9 kids..

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
A-10s striked a target that was supposedly a 'terrorist'..

Killed 9 kids..

You act as if this was an intentional act to kill children. Do you really think we intended to kill children?

Mistakes happen in war and nothing is 100% correct in any war situation. The fact that we made a mistake shoulde not be a surprise. I am not happy we killed kids, but these things happen in times of war, as unfortunate as they are.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
War ???

Afghans live in bloody mud huts...what army are the US fighting ? the talebannnn that bogey man ! Bull !!! Its not a war, its a massacre, perpertrated by the US.

The US took their war to the Afghans..and killed 15 kids in two days..u say these things happen.

They have killed at least 55,000 innocent civilians in Iraq, before stopping count....i guess these things happen link

They shoot dead Iraqi's lying inured on the ground, to cheers of 'well done' from their mates.....I guess these things happen link

Remember 9-11 ? Do those things not 'just happen' ??

America needs to stop whining like an injured puppy, in an effort to justify its continued breaches of human rights throughout the world (link). It needs to stop saying sorry for this murder and that. Its needs to get the hell out of countries where it dont belong, and stop stealing natural resources of these countries.

You're damn right this is a war..and in war these things do happen. Its just a goddamn shame that America picks on weak, poor, penniless countries to destroy and bully. Because if Arabs, Iraqis, Afghanis, Sudanese, Cubans...or anyone else in the world, were to kill kids , then I'd love to see the images flashed across CNN and Bush's face when telling his 'fellow' Americans, how the US will rampage across the planet and stickl 1000's of men in concentreation cmaps in Cuba, to try and get even.

~Messiah~

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yes it is unfortunate that this happens in time of war.
8000 Iraqi civilians are unfortunate also, that the US made "mistakes". Compare this to 5000 iraqi combat deaths and the error rate is laughable. So, you're saying that 61% of all Iraqi casualties, which are civilians, is an acceptable rate of misfortune.

Give me a break!!!

www.cbc.ca...

That's just whats reported, I am sure the actual numbers are much higher.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by mooseofterror]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wwviews
War ???

Afghans live in bloody mud huts...what army are the US fighting ? the talebannnn that bogey man ! Bull !!! Its not a war, its a massacre, perpertrated by the US.

The US took their war to the Afghans..and killed 15 kids in two days..u say these things happen.

They have killed at least 55,000 innocent civilians in Iraq, before stopping count....i guess these things happen link

They shoot dead Iraqi's lying inured on the ground, to cheers of 'well done' from their mates.....I guess these things happen link

Remember 9-11 ? Do those things not 'just happen' ??

America needs to stop whining like an injured puppy, in an effort to justify its continued breaches of human rights throughout the world (link). It needs to stop saying sorry for this murder and that. Its needs to get the hell out of countries where it dont belong, and stop stealing natural resources of these countries.

You're damn right this is a war..and in war these things do happen. Its just a goddamn shame that America picks on weak, poor, penniless countries to destroy and bully. Because if Arabs, Iraqis, Afghanis, Sudanese, Cubans...or anyone else in the world, were to kill kids , then I'd love to see the images flashed across CNN and Bush's face when telling his 'fellow' Americans, how the US will rampage across the planet and stickl 1000's of men in concentreation cmaps in Cuba, to try and get even.

Messiah~

tja these things happen, like in palastinia, were they kill the dad because he just happens to be palastine and then they destroy the house were he lived so his wive and kids have no place to live anymore, yepp these things happen....kids being killed and not counted anymore..yepp these things happen, to try and kill the moral there, indeed they happen..

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The main point is that this war and Bush's actions are disrespectful to human life. Now, after killing innocent civilians, they just stop counting??? WTF is that?? Unfortunate or not, WhyTF are they going to stop counting??? They are putting a very low value on human life and it is just adding salt to the wound. "Not only are we going to rape your country, but we are going to murder civilians and not worry about how many die" Sounds very much like what Sadaam was doing.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is tragic. These people who they refuse to acknowledge as having DIED are the SAME people we were told we were LIBERATING.

www.iraqbodycount.net...

This is a site that grabs stats from newspapers and press reports, they estimate between 7935 and 9766 civilian deaths (not to mention those who only got their limbs blown off but survived).

The US Occupying Authority needs someone with a lick of common sense in charge. Or someone who knows PR.

jakomo

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
You notice not too many Bush supporters posting here, what's the matter? Hard to swallow when this is what you're supporting? Blatant disrespect for human life. Let's hear the reasons, and don't give me that crap like Dreamz tried"You act as if this was an intentional act to kill children. Do you really think we intended to kill children?Mistakes happen in war and nothing is 100% correct in any war situation. The fact that we made a mistake should not be a surprise. I am not happy we killed kids, but these things happen in times of war, as unfortunate as they are." They did not even CARE if civilians were killed, that's the SICK part about this. As I said before "8000 Iraqi civilians are unfortunate that the US made "mistakes". Compare this to 5000 iraqi combat deaths and the error rate is laughable. So, you're saying that 61% of all Iraqi casualties, which are civilians, is an acceptable rate of misfortune. "

Where's the support for your fearless leader now?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Look war aint pretty, no one claims that it is. Lifes will be lost, civilian, military and others. But when your fighting a faceless enemy the casualties among the innocent is sure to skyrocket, especially when the enemy is constantly hiding behind civilians. Like I said, its a shame, but a small price to pay for independance.

How many lifes were lost for America to become a free country, how many in WW1 and WW2 to keep countries like France, England, Switzerland to remain free?

Those countries all turned out all right even though they mased enourmous civilian casualties. The bombing of Japan in 45' killed hundreds of thousands civilians, but the end usually justifies the means.

You all seem to blame this on Bush, but he is not the one who is dropping the bombs or picking out targets, this is done by military personel.
Im not arguing that the war in Iraq was right or wrong, but when the # hits the fans, casualties are sure to mount no matter what war it is.

The idea that you all seem to think that Bush is dropping these bombs to "purposely" kill civilians is a joke.

I sure hope America has to never get into a large war when the enemy actually has power to inflict mass casualties on our side, because the pussification of Americans will complain more about the casualties on the other side than they do for the side of Americans.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This whole thing is BS!

The sooner the US exits Iraq the better.

Also,

Switzerland didnt take part in ww1 or ww2.

Switzerland hasnt been in a war since 200-500 years..
(Im no expert on matters of Switzerland.. hence the inaccurete figure..)

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz

I sure hope America has to never get into a large war when the enemy actually has power to inflict mass casualties on our side, because the pussification of Americans will complain more about the casualties on the other side than they do for the side of Americans.

Well,

I surely hope that this will happen, sooner the better.

So that you would put a stop to your mad plans to take over the frocking planet!

USA needs a serious blow that will force you to see reality and other peoples/nations..
(this btw was 'Osamas' goal in '911', but sadly it seems that , that blow wasnt powerful enough!!!)

<<   2  3 >>

join