It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Dean's List: Project Steak-Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Bill Belichick is the renowned genius of the NFL, the modern-day Vince Lombardi...

His record-tying 8-1 playoff record (7-0 with New England) and two Super Bowls speak to that. Belichick is famous for having the right plan for the big game, and Super Bowl XXXIX will be no different. "Project Steak-Out" - as the "Professor" likes to call it - will have nothing to do with match-ups, alignments, formations or even the game of football. It's a whole lot simpler than that...

The Eagles are beasts. The surest way to slay a beast is to attack the heart, and the heart of Philadelphia is food - specifically, the cheese steak. First on Belichick's list? Pat's, the alleged "King of Steaks." From there it's on to Geno's, then Jim's. No meat vendor in the greater Philadelphia area will be spared, even the humble food trucks. Like Roethlisberger before it, the cheese steak will be swallowed whole. And the Eagles, deprived of their primary food source, will be eaten alive in the Super Bowl...

During a press conference this past Monday, Belichick was asked if having two weeks to prepare for the Eagles would be an advantage for his team, "It is what it is," he said. Later he was asked if ailing defensive tackle Richard Seymour would be upgraded from questionable for the Super Bowl. "No," said the reticent coach. "It is what it is." When asked to clarify his response, Belichick snapped. "It is what it is, and that's it," he raved. "And by that I mean it isn't what it isn't - 'it is what it is,' that is. Okay?" Spontaneously it seemed, the questions stopped. Brains hemorrhaged, eyes shut and jaws dropped. It was just that intense. The press room grew silent, almost eerily so, and everyone passed out...

When it comes to injuries, "out" means out, and "probable" means probable. That much is clear. But the notion that "doubtful" is more questionable than "questionable" is unquestionably questionable. Doubt, after all, is the very essence of questionability...

By now we've all seen the Campbell's Chunky ad with Donovan McNabb and his mom, Soup Nazi Wilma. "Our team's the family," boasts the Eagles quarterback. "And she's the mom." As for head coach Andy Reid, he's the dad. So forget about the beef and bean chili. I smell a sitcom...

Speaking of chunky, looks like Andy and Wilma aren't leaving any leftovers for the kids...

Documented, Coach Reid is never without his trusty laminated sheet as he paces the Philadelphia sidelines. Although it's widely believed that he's holding the key to the Eagles offense, I know better. That's not a play list, no, no. That's a menu, and Reid is preparing his next order of Chinese food. And if you don't believe me, look for the delivery guy next Sunday. He usually comes during the fourth quarter, right around the two-minute warning...

After being eliminated from the playoffs during wild card weekend, Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren has quietly resumed his other day job as PGA golf star Craig "The Walrus" Stadler...

Hot off Lenny Wilkens' "resignation" in New York, Knicks GM Isaiah Thomas has already begun searching for a replacement. Interim head coach Herb Williams, after all, will only be around for the interim. Early favorites range from former Knicks Phil Jackson, Mark Jackson and Patrick Ewing to former Bucks and Sonics coach George Karl. Still, many expect Thomas to bring in someone named Thomas to coach Kurt Thomas, Tim Thomas and the rest of his Knickerbocker clones...

"It's a very difficult day for myself and for the players," Thomas said. "He's a great man and a great coach. We'll miss him. I think he just came to a point where enough was enough." That is, unless you're talking about Thomases. You can never have enough Thomases...

If you've been following the Australian Open, by now you've heard the sound: "ova" and "ova" again. Of the 32 women who advanced to the third round, seven of them were "ovas": (Tatiana) Panova, (Nicole) Vaidisova, (Anna) Smashnova, (Daniela) Hantuchova, (Svetlana) Kuznetsova, (Nadia) Petrova and (Maria) Sharapova. That's Panova, Vaidisova, Smashnova, Hantuchova, Kuznetsova, Petrova and Sharapova. I'm Dean Christopher...

[Edited on 1/27/05 by deanchristopher]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
so, is it all 'ova for the Williams sisters?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's all "ova" for Venus, who seems to be lost in space.

Serena, on the other hand, is still the bomb(s).

TRD

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Serena still has what it takes.

They are using the excuse of 'bad injuries' to their loss off form. I think the other girls have caught up with them and quite a few have surpassed them in all fronts.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yeah, multiple reasons for something happening constitutes one big excuse.

The other girls have gotten better, and the regression people are talking about is real. The thing is, it's mental, not physical.

I still believe that when Serena has it together mentally nobody can touch her. It just hasn't happened on a consistent basis for a while.

Venus, on the other hand, has not had it together at any point in the last few years, which leads me to believe that she's burned out to some degree.

Then again, the Jennifer Capriati story might lead some to belive otherwise.

TRD

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Also Davenport, many thought she was going to retire and that she was washed up because of injuries. Look at her now, playing some of her best tennis ever.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Its going to be a tough final for Davenport. I hope she beats Serena and serves it up to her.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Forget about tennis. Who'd win in a fight? Serena (5-10, 143) is quicker and more athletic, but Davenport (6-2, 174) has a distinct height and power advantage. Tough call...

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Serena won the tennis match.

Even though the Tale of the Tape would reveal a serious deficiency for Serena v. Davenport in the all important reach category, I think Serena could take her in a fight.

Serena could also beat up up just about all of those Russian "ova" women. Ming picks Serena over Venus in a fight as well.

Serena v. Tonya Harding - a tougher call.

Serena v. Brooke Shields? Serena

Serena v. Laura Bush? Serena, although Bush is a feisty one.

Serena v. the Pittburgh Steelers? After their pathetic showing v. New England, Serena. Definitely.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MingMercil
Serena v. the Pittburgh Steelers? After their pathetic showing v. New England, Serena. Definitely.

new topics

top topics

join