It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Coca-Cola League Two results 15/01/05

page: 1

log in


posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:06 PM
Yeovil remain top of Coca-Cola League Two - but their nine-match winning run came to a surprise halt at Oxford.

Gary Johnson's side are now at the summit on goals scored after S#horpe's thrilling win against Bury.

Tommy Mooney put Oxford ahead at the Kassam Stadium with a superb 30-yard drive after a one-two with Chris Davies, and Davies doubled the lead with a fine solo effort. Former Oxford defender Scott Guyett pulled one back with a downward header from Andrejs Stolcers' corner - but it stayed 2-1.

S#horpe left it late to beat the Shakers at Glanford Park, although they stole an early lead through Andrew Butler. Chris Porter and Andrew Keogh scored as the visitors took a shock lead, but Steve Torpey levelled after 64 minutes and grabbed a winner with three minutes left on the clock.

Swansea threw away a two-goal lead against Wycombe at the Vetch Field. The Swans were cruising after an opener from Paul Connor and Lee Trundle's spot-kick. But Roger Johnson and Steve Guppy - in his second spell for the Chairboys - scored late goals to grab a point.

Southend could not take advantage of Swansea's late slip, and were held to a goalless draw by Notts County at Roots Hall.

David Galbraith scored a late leveller for Northampton against Darlington at Sixfields, after going behind to Adolfo Gregorio's early strike.

Bristol Rovers striker Junior Agogo turned from hero to villain within three minutes against Lincoln, scoring the equaliser after 67 minutes but getting sent off for foul and abusive language three minutes later. Francis Green had given the home side the lead at Sincil Bank - and 10-men Rovers held on for a 1-1 draw.

Cambridge and Chester did their relegation hopes no favours by playing out a goalless draw at the Abbey Stadium.

Kidderminster are still second from bottom in the table after a 2-0 defeat against Macclesfield, Matthew Tipton and Jonathan Parkin grabbing the goals at Moss Rose.

Cheltenham beat Rushden 4-1 with a fine display at Whaddon Road. Brian Wilson and Stephen Gillespie scored for the home side before Jason Taylor pulled one back. Goals from Martin Devaney and a Grant McCann penalty sealed the win.

Grimsby beat Leyton Orient 2-1 at Brisbane Road, Andy Parkinson and Martin Gritton scoring for the visitors before substitute Efe Echanomi pulled one back. Orient striker Scott Fitzgerald was sent off after 83 minutes for violent conduct.

The points were shared at Spotland with Paul Tait grabbing an early goal for Rochdale but Mansfield fighting back through Richie Barker just before the break.

There were no goals at Gay Meadow as Shrewsbury drew 0-0 with Boston.


new topics

log in