It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: GOLF: Woods wants top spot back

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Former world No.1 Tiger Woods says he is determined to rise to the top of the world rankings again.

Fijian Vijay Singh ended Woods' six-year stint at the top in September 2004 after he won the Deutsche Bank Championship near Boston.

Woods dropped to third a month later as South African Ernie Els continued his strong season, but will start as the world No.2 when the 2005 PGA Tour begins at the Mercedes Championship in Hawaii on Thursday.

All three players are part of the top-class field for the event and Woods says he is focused on making a good start after working hard on his swing.

"I'm always hungry heading into every season," Woods told BBC Sport. "I've worked my tail off this past year."

Woods finished the 2004 Tour with only one victory but won his last two events of the year - the Dunlop Phoenix in Japan and the Target World Championship event in California - and is feeling confident after developing his swing with new coach Hank Haney.

"The results I had towards the end of the year just made it so exciting," he added.

Sportinglife

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Does this signify the end of the "slump"?

TRD

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Its easy to talk it, he needs to start putting in the performances...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
He is just 2 strokes back...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
There's still no doubt that Singh is still #1 in the world. In the first round of the first tourney of the new year and he's on top already although Tiger is just 3 strokes back. The 2nd round just came on ESPN.

TRD

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
He is just 2 strokes back...

Were talking about him getting the no1 slot back, not the current status of play!

new topics

top topics

join