It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: TENNIS: Serena plans to take legal action against unauthorized interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Serena Williams issued a statement Wednesday with harsh words about an interview she said she never gave that was transmitted to the public via the Internet.

"Words cannot express how upset I am to find out that someone has deliberately attempted to ruin my reputation and image," Williams' statement said. "I would never, ever, under any circumstance, be so disrespectful."

The e-mailed interview, released earlier this week, contained racist and homosexual insinuations about Williams' dating preferences and black men. It has been repeated in message boards and on radio broadcasts, according to Williams' agent.

"Whoever decided to write this garbage does not know Serena Williams," Williams stated.

Statements disparaging black men as unworthy mates and the difficulties encountered by successful black females in dating black men are among those attributed to Williams in the disputed interview.

"It is not my thinking nor my being. I want to find out who is behind this, and have them prosecuted within the fullest extent of the law. I am hoping that there will be more policing over the Internet, in order to find out immediately the origin of this kind of treachery. No one deserves to be humiliated and defamed this way."

source

ESPN

Serena personally granted me permission to post this article last night. I promise.

new topics

join