It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: GOLF: Wie gets another shot in PGA Tour's Sony Open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
HONOLULU -- Michelle Wie liked playing on the PGA Tour so much she'll do it again.

She accepted a sponsor's exemption Tuesday night to play in next month's Sony Open. Wie came within one shot of making the cut at the tournament last year.

"This is really great," Wie said by telephone. "I had such a great experience last year. Hopefully, I'll do a lot better. My goal is to be in the top 20."

Wie was 14 last January when she shot a 68 in the second round, the lowest score by a female player competing exclusively against men. She finished at par 140 at Waialae Country Club.

In 2003, Wie became the youngest winner of an adult USGA championship when she captured the U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links.

The 6-foot 10th-grader played her best in the LPGA's biggest events this year, finishing fourth in the Kraft Nabisco championship and tied for 13th in the U.S. Women's Open.

The Sony Open is the same week as her semester exams, just like last year. Wie said she would take her exams next week to free herself for practice at Waialae and at Kapalua on the island of Maui.

source

PGAtour.com

join