It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: NFL Rumors 02/12/04

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Gruden shoots down Notre Dame rumors
Tampa Tribune

Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden told the Tribune's Katherine Smith that he is not a candidate to replace Tyrone Willingham at Notre Dame.

Abraham willing to play tag with Jets
Newark Star-Ledger

John Abraham wouldn't be upset if the Jets made him their franchise player. Abraham told the Star-Ledger's Dave Hutchinson that he is "fine with getting franchised".

Warner doesn't want to be a backup
New York Daily News

Daily News columnist Gary Myers writes that Giants QB Kurt Warner may retire if he fails to find a team that will let him start.

Rumors don't faze Martz
St. Louis Post-Dispatch

The Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas reports that coach Mike Martz laughed yesterday when asked by reporters if he would be fired if he failed to guide the Rams deep into the playoffs.

Retirement plan could be real deal for McNair
Nashville Tennessean

Only one thing bothers Titans quarterback Steve McNair more than not being able to play on Sundays: Not being able to play when he's away from football field, when the ones calling his name are his children.

Rudi passes on contract talk
Cincinnati Enquirer

Rudi Johnson tried to run away from the questions Wednesday the way he ran away from Cleveland linemen Sunday. Is he upset the Bengals have not re-signed him yet?

Ricky Williams passes on returning to the NFL
Miami Herald

David Cornwell, the attorney who negotiated a possible return to the NFL for Williams, said Thursday he was told by Williams that the former Dolphins running back has declined an offer by the league that would have allowed for him reinstatement to the league.

Stanford interested in Fassel
New York Daily News

Jim Fassel could be headed back to college. The former Giants coach has had 'informal discussions' with 'prominent people' at Stanford University about their vacant head coaching job, according to his agent, Steve Rosner.

Gibbs: No timetable
Washington Times

Amid continuing questions about his future, Gibbs said he wouldn't hesitate to quit if he were failing at his job. However, the coach offered no timetable for judging his progress.

Rumors Sources

FoxSports

ProSports Daily

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Ricky Williams passes on returning to the NFL
Miami Herald

David Cornwell, the attorney who negotiated a possible return to the NFL for Williams, said Thursday he was told by Williams that the former Dolphins running back has declined an offer by the league that would have allowed for him reinstatement to the league.

I just got done watching a bit on Sportzcenter on this. And I just read an interesting article in December's Esquire, too. Frankly, I think it's his life, his decision. I know I'm gonna be the minority on this board with tat opinion, but, look at it from his point of view.

An interesting quote from the article "I did what teams do (to players) hundreds of times every season. do you think they care about us? And now they want me to apologize? They want me to give back the money I earned?"

He's got a point. Teams don't think twice about breaking contracts wiht players in August. Why, because he was the one to break the contract, is he now the bad guy? Because he smokes dope? He's not hurting anyone. Because he's a millionaire? Not after the court ruling. He apparently wants a simple life, without cameras shoved in his face. Why not give it to him?

Alright, start giving me #....

join