It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHEN YOU USE THE COMPLAINT FORM...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Don't just post something like this: "I have a complaint about language used by #### against me and words used to describe me in this thread." And leave it at that!!! If you read the text at the bottom of the complaint form, you'll see: "Members are encouraged to provide frank and honest feedback to forum staff. However, please be realistic, juvenile rantings about "nazis" staff will be ignored. Please help us build a better ATS by giving us your honest feelings, along with suggestions for change. Your complaint will be posted anonymously, your IP will not be tracked, and we will review your concerns. Complaints that result in a solution will be posted in a public thread, along with our solution." Complaints are anonymous! If you want us to know who you are, you'll have to tell us. If you want us to look at a thread, you'll have to paste the URL. We want to help, but can't if you don't give us enough information. Your friendly neighborhood Supreme Skeptic Overlord.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thank you SOL. I was ready to do this topic. You've been more quick than I.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thank you William for telling them this. So many complaints are two words, no info on who is harrassing who, who is complaining and some of the complaints against our staff are laughable. Thank you for posting this for our members.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Personally I think there are flaws in the process.

People seem to flagrantly flout rules around here and that is okay.

Others cannot make a single mistake and they are taken for task on it.

This greatly concerns me.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
THENEO, I think that I allready told you that the staff can't "see" everything. So don't feel persecuted.

Also, if you see a poster who's not complying with the ATS rules, you can sent a u2u to a staff member.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
No offense meant but why then have mods?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There are a lot of things we can do... If we have a troll come through etc. we can handle it.

The reason that the complain form was set up to be anonymous was so that if a member had a problem with a staff member they could complain without worries of upsetting the mod. The unfortunate side affect to that is that we cannot help people if they don't give us the neccessary information to help them.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
some of the complaints against our staff are laughable. Thank you for posting this for our members.

Does this imply that nothing will be done if there is a complaint against a staff member? All you guys are going to do is laugh?

I haven't made a complaint against a staff member myself. Just wondering if this is what others can expect.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
not at all Questor.

All complaints are taken seriously unless we know that they are false accusations.

As long as u can provide the link and details to ur complaint it will be acted upon.

Just because some complaints arent dealt with in public...doesnt mean they arent!

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Mods/ Staff:

I have more of a question than complaint and don't feel the need to report or single out any one person, but am I crazy in thinking I sometimes notice a slew of 'new members' sometimes appear at all once and start 'witnessing' the board with exactly the same lingo?

Do you not limit Member names from one ISP? Just an observation. Wondered if it's a concern of yours.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
We do occasionally have a sudden registration of a small group of user accounts all from the same IP subnet.

In these instances, the scenario is usually someone just out to cause trouble. A case of this has just recently been identified and dealt with in the last couple days by the admin team.

It is our hope that the staff can identify these troublesome problems before the community even realises, and therefore deal with it quickly and quietly without disruption.

TheNeo, as for your response about the need for mods at all. That is quite a shrewd response considering we are all human, and can therefore only deal with it in our own respective timeframe.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think that my point has been missed or not made properly by me?

If everyone has to complain in order to get fair treatment then how much time in administration will those that manage this site spend responding to said complaints?

Right now it seems to be a sporadic process, someone complains and staff are compelled to do something about it. Do they investigate the validity of the complaint? If said complainer was in fact 'violated' in some fashion did they also commit the same offense to annother? Would the mod then be required to indicate to the complainer that they also would be in jeapordy of sanctions?

Do mods not patrol areas of the site like police and look for violators of site policies? If so then why do they often appear to be applied unfairly?

If Mods are in fact on top of most activity at the site then one would expect complaints to be far and few between.

If Mods are reacting to complaints or receiving lots of complaints are they derelict in their jobs?

If they are sanctioning certain members frequently are they catching the offenses of others that interact with them?

My point in all this is this:

If ATS comes to the point where a certain political viewpoint becomes accepted over all others or a certain frame of mind then you are in fact censoring other people here.

Also, if you only respond to complaints then this site will become bogged down with them. If Mods only attack certain offenses or offenders or 'STYLES' of conduct then the net result will be a board that is less concerned with conspiracy than it is will a political viewpoint or a mode of conduct.

Suffice to say I am not advocating anarchy nor do I disregard rules nor am I supporting the idea of disrespect of others. If it comes down to my reputation on this site and or my explusion and others go free laughing and mocking then I will complain. My complaints will be for every little transgression against me as many have been made towards me.

This would truly be a sad state of affairs but it can be avoided if MODS would endeavour to TREAT EVERYONE THE SAME.

thank you, hopefully I have not offended too many people.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Pretty sure thats why there is such a wide spectrum of viewpoints within the staff group.

Most every point on every spectrum is covered. Exactly so no viewpoint will be taken over any other.

By the same token, mods still only have limited time we can spend on the board. Theres no way we can keep up with everything happening on the boards when there are over a thousand posts per day. Even still the majority of problems are noticed and dealt with before many posters notice, but there will always be the few that slip through. That is why we need people to let us know about any problems via u2u or complaints.

As far as complaints about staff, they are quite rare, but the majority of the few we do get, are laughable. Usually just personal attacks on random staff members.

Getting back to the topic of this thread, I'm sure its every staff members pet hate. Complaints that are far too anonymous. So a quick reminder:

If you want a response, you have to tell us who you are, if you want us to check a thread, you have to tell us which one.

It is utterly useless to complain 'my u2u isnt working' or 'how come I cannot get into RATS' when you don't let us know who is complaining and therefore who to respond to.

(Although it is kinda good for a laugh sometimes
)

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Kano]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Great Kano, Thanks, now I am DEAF!

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I would like to complain about the complaint system in general...

I personally think EVERY MOD should be on the site protecting my personal fetishes every minute of every day or I simply WON'T complain anymore! AHA! Now i HAVE your attention don't i?!

OKAY HERE'S HOW IT'S gonna be.... I am going to be a FREAK and YOU guys are going to MAKE SURE NOBODY calls me out on it without getting BANNED! Got it?! GOOD... go LIVE IT!!!!

Christ ALLmighty, I can't beleive there is a thread like this in existence!

Members, it's REAL SIMPLE...

1. Be COOL
2. Be POLITE
3. BE SMART (it's REAL hard to overshadow intelligence with rudeness)
4. Be RESPECTFUL (I know I need work on this one BUT this isn't about me!)
5. IF someone TRASHES YOU TELL THE MODS;
a. WHO YOU ARE
b. The URL to the thread so they can READ IT
c. WHO crapped on you

I wouldn't think this was that hard BUT then again I do run a business that BLOWS MY MIND damn near DAILY with "People Issues" so in the end I guess NOTHING surprises me...

P...
m...

[Edited on 12-10-2003 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Why bother to complain? Its not like their is any real organization here. It gets ignored like other messages.
I really wish you people would stop butt kissing so much. This place isnt holy you know.

Mark

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It;s time to FIGHT!

M...

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
ok i got a complaint...

why is it not stopped on the DavidBieniek BASHING...

I know he did a STUPID thing but # you dont have to WASTE 8 PAGES on BASHING!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I never complain... but if I ever do... I will be sure to be precise in letting you know what is troubling me.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Russian

Did you not get that they didn't actually started a thread so we complain in it, but only to explain how to properly use the 'complain' function???
Thought it was pretty clear...

THENEO

You are always complaining anyway...
Remember, the mods have real life too you know...They can't be here all the time. And they can't be everywhere at the same time. And do you know why 60% of women are sexualy unsatisfied? Because I can't be everywhere at the same time LOL!!! Just kidding...Plus, they do all this for free (right? lol...) So why don't you appreciate what you have for once.

Markos

I don't know about you, but I never felt ignored. I think they do a fair job. Maybe you had your chance and screwed it?

Personnaly, I only complained once, and it was only because someone posted a warez link. So I denouced it.
But the mods didn't had to take action, because the poster removed it by it self, after being kindly asked by me.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by m0rbid]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join