It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Rodman to play for Orange County Crush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
COSTA MESA, Calif. -- Seven-time NBA rebounding champion Dennis Rodman signed a contract with the Orange County Crush of the American Basketball Association on Wednesday.

Rodman, trying to launch a comeback for several years, played on NBA championship teams in Detroit and Chicago, and played three games last season for the ABA champion Long Beach Jam.

Playing for the Jam was his first action since 2000, when his 29-day stay with the NBA's Dallas Mavericks ended when he was waived a day after he criticized owner-in-waiting Mark Cuban.

"There are still several teams in the NBA still interested in me and I feel the ABA gives me a place to showcase my talent and continue to stay in basketball shape," Rodman said.

"Rodman is a great defensive player and he brings a multitude of basketball experience to the ABA," Crush coach Earl Cureton said.

Cureton also coached Rodman in Long Beach.

Rodman worked out with the Denver Nuggets in September, but was not signed.

Rodman's debut with Long Beach was delayed because of a knee injury sustained in a motorcycle crash. After playing two games with the Jam last January, he was sidelined by a calf injury and did not play again until the championship game March 9.

The Crush is scheduled to make their debut Nov. 21 against the Jam at Long Beach.

source

ESPN

join