It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Wheatley expects to miss 2-to-4 weeks with shoulder injury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) Oakland Raiders running back Tyrone Wheatley expects to miss 2-to-4 weeks with a shoulder injury.

"I've seen better days," Wheatley told Sacramento radio station KHTK on Wednesday. "It's pretty banged up. I'll recover and get back soon."

When asked how soon, Wheatley said: "Soon is an ambiguous word for I don't know. It's one of those deals where the doctor gives you, you know, two-to-four weeks. So, you're just like, 'OK, two-to-four weeks.' It's just one of those deals where it has to heal."

Wheatley was hurt in the first quarter of Sunday' 30-17 loss to Houston after catching a short pass from Kerry Collins. He was tackled for a 1-yard loss and landed hard on his shoulder. Wheatley at one point tried to go back in the game but was held out by coach Norv Turner.

Wheatley wasn't in the locker room Wednesday during media availability. All the Raiders said was that Wheatley was doubtful for Sunday's game at Indianapolis and didn't specify which shoulder was hurt.

Turner said after Wednesday's practice that if Wheatley couldn't play, Zack Crockett and Amos Zereoue would get the bulk of the snaps at tailback.

new topics

join