It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The word "god"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Is "God" simply a word & idea, the subject of a myriad of defenitions and interpretations varying from person to person and culture to culture, or is "God" a reality transcending our personal, and often fallible, interpretations? That is, if "he" exists.

What do you think?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
But from a psychological and phenomonological (perhaps even metaphysical and mystic) perspective, God is the answer and balance to NoThing (Chaos, Void, etc).

The dualistic nature of perception (disorder/order, Yin/Yang, Good/Evil) is based in human hardwiring, yet also is in the Creation it points toward...or New/Third thing.

NoThing + Creator = Creation. Geometrically charted as Circle impregnated by Triangle superset by circumscribed Square.

This view is internalized from our place outside the Creation (a second circle intersecting the Reality construct of the Square at defining points, yet not fully complete or all enclosing). This is the Existential Void of conciousness surrounding and contemplating it's own comprising essences (Nothing, God and Reality).

To continue supersetting an imposed 'Order' on this outer void called Conciousness is the way of the Pentagram (a fifth layer of pseudo reality projected out from conciousness in vain attemts to point within). No Pentagonal construct wheter it be Organized Religion or Science can be completley right or wrong about the origins it seeks to describe, no matter the intentions... constructs are inherantly flawed, just as Reality is flawed (a construct of perfect dualism).

Perfection resides exclusively in the initial answer to the Void. The God. Simply defined by it's own essences of the Tri-Polar points that keep back the Void.

Empirically, though we are wired for dualistic thinking and also make vain efforts in the realm of fives (Pentagram). All order and truth we really percieve is in threes mimicking the non-Void of God.

I shouldn't have to list but a few of the Trilogies of Life to make my point. From Id, Ego & SuperEgo to Scarecrow, Tinamn & Cowardly Lion...we cannot begin to express order or knowledge or simplest Truths of this fractal called conciousness without a minimum of THREE.

I ascribe to a form of Value or GeometricMath to represent the "perfectly flawed" formula of the Construction our fundamental nature. I see this order in the series: 3 (God), 7 (Reality) and 11 (Conciousness). A beginning Zero of the Void or subsequent value larger than our own existence would be meaningless to a uniquely human perspective. But there is representative truth in this perfectly flawed formula where the sum is greater than it's own defining essence parts (3+7=11).

Note: The values source from the intersections of the construct of conciousness found in circumscribing the Primary Three [Circle, Triangle (in Circle), Square] by the second Void (outer circle).

Conversely we are shielded from truly knowing our Creator from a reduction of our own elements. In other words, Creation is in the way. "I can't see the forest for the trees" is an excellent example of the truth of the Human condition.

We might also say the Truth is IN us. Or God is less than human, perfectly so.

But I ramble. Id appreciate a critique as this theory from any perspective.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I just noticed my theory has five levels the last of which being the inherently flawed pentagram.

Damn.

Flaw is inevitible, is it not? By design even.

It's no accident that a perfect equilateral triangle shares less than half of the surface area with the circle it defines in circumscription.

For Douglas Adams fans, think of it this way: God is 42% of the Void!!!

Seriously.

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Easy Peabody! ( remember him? )

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
God is imagination resulting in creation.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Rant

You assume we speak the same language. Just as we do when we say the word "God".

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glitch

Rant

You assume we speak the same language. Just as we do when we say the word "God".

Someone's taken one too many math classes, huh?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Flaw is inevitible, is it not? By design even.

Flaw is a must, without it there would be no point in existing.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Sorry. But actually my Math friends think I'm nuts. [Correction: Math/Science fanatics dismiss me, but I have bounced this around with some in Advanced Physics and they see it too]

The pictoMath thing really needs drawing to explain. It's not supposed to 'mean' anything other than be a nice visual for the 'containment' and 'direction' of Knowledge and Essences from the school of drawing Sets and SubSets... where conciousness is implied as a Construct of a prioris. It's more from too many logic classes than anything though.

I was BA Philosophy & Religion in 91. And influenced by Existentialism heavily if that doesn't follow. [Zen too!]

Message received though.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Strange, I have a similar background. Everything except the Peabody stuff I really attempted to compute to no avail.

Didn't Sartre cover that in "Nausea"? I see you've chosen the cover of the book as your avatar.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glitch

Strange, I have a similar background. Everything except the Peabody stuff I really attempted to compute to no avail.

Didn't Sartre cover that in "Nausea"? I see you've chosen the cover of the book as your avatar.

Yup, except Sartre would be said to have started his phenomonological exploration from ground zero Existence/Conciousness - then move out.

He's big on No God obviously for his edicts on morality and such, as in a belief in God rendering us acting in Bad Faith.

I agree with every ounce of Sartre's perceptions on the void, nothingness of our condition, and even his conclusions and prescriptions for navigating this realm of our construction...EXCEPT:

His conclusion that we can only point out, not in. Heidegger used existentialism (Phenomonology) to point to God! I am just combining the influences from many disciplines including Phsychology and Religions (as empirical evidence for how we act and think) to point to the construct of this 'limiting view conciousness'. It's like a Hegelian system in ways.

If you can get in it and see it; it makes perfect sense. Objectively (not a real word) it doesn't.

[Let me just add] Total submersion in the Sartre view nearly brought me to the brink of madness. I had a final colloquium course where we drew names from a hat of reincarnated philosophers to 'become' over the next 6 months debating all of life and current events. I was Sartre.

My 'perversion' of the existential tradition here is merely an obsessive attempt on my part to return from the rock bottom nihilism of pure Existentialism. If someone has a belief system, they need not bother with this. This is like Methadone for former Witnessing Atheist addicts, of which I was one.

It's exhausting being alone in the world.

(With a bastard conciousness)

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Mother is the name of God in the lips and hearts of little children?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Most/all of the 'higher' beings have something in common, and it has to do with their names.

God
Allah
Brahman
Jehovah
Ra

to name a few. Let's look at them like this....

Gah(o)d
Allah
Brahman
Jehovah
Rah(a)

Look at that.

Do you think that there is perhaps something spiritual about that sound? Let me ask you this....what sound to people who are meditating usually make....ah? Usually that or something similar. Just think about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Most/all of the 'higher' beings have something in common, and it has to do with their names.

God
Allah
Brahman
Jehovah
Ra

to name a few. Let's look at them like this....

Gah(o)d
Allah
Brahman
Jehovah
Rah(a)

Look at that.

Do you think that there is perhaps something spiritual about that sound? Let me ask you this....what sound to people who are meditating usually make....ah? Usually that or something similar. Just think about it.

There's something illuminating about that. Jah and Buddha also come to mind. So does the exclamation "aha". I wonder if "aha" - used when we suddenly understand something in a synaptic flash of light - has any connection. I'm sure its not english specific. Just as God isn't specific only and absolutely to the Christian faith. I wonder what intonations dennoting sudden understanding are in the other languages. I have a hunch that, no matter what language you speak, it's the same. Thanks for bringing it up.

There's definetly something very spiritual about that sound. Wonder and revelation come to mind. Doesn't it seem that words and names have their roots, just as religion has its roots - in a common heritage?

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Mother is the name of God in the lips and hearts of little children?

Mam[ah] & Pap[ah] come to mind in this case - the first utterances of bumbling little babies - to play off Loki's insight, as to how the utterance "ah" is inherent in the many names of "god" in many of the world's religions.

Isn't the great leaning tower of mommy, full of milk and oochie coo s something of a goddess to the newborn? Isn't DaDa or Papa - the great breadwinner and disciplinarian, a source of judgement and security - something of a god in eyes blinking in wonder. Aren't there names our first words?

( sidenote: read the other day that increasingly childrens first words are the names of products due to frequency of commercial influence in a child's life )

Freud held that religion was simply the subconcious way of working out or projecting dilemmas in parent-child relationships. God and Godess are often our very own mother and father, not that it ends there.

Glitch

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   
There was a school of thought around vowel sounds (I believe translate to some extent across language) of common utterances and primal emotions:

Ahhh - Awe, Wow
Eeeh - Fear, Flight (and probably anger)
Oooh - That hurts OR That's pleasurable (weird huh?)

And some claim:
Iiih - Me, Over here
Uhhh - You, Hey You

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Have you guys ever seen these two websites???

www.godchannel.com...

www.summum.us...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
haven't seen those websites, but They look pretty cool.

As for Buddha and Jah, yes, but I wasn't thinking at the time.

I was just pointing out a few coincidences that I've noticed over the years.

top topics

join