It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Things getting worse for the winless Chiefs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The Chiefs came into 2004 with high hopes, a high-powered offense, a proven defensive coordinator, and a rosey future. Now the Chiefs are 0-2. Their defense is porous, they can't stop the run or the pass. Their offense has not gotten on track. Now to make matters worse, Priest Holmes is nursing a bad ankle, and the top defensive performer from their last game, Eric Warfield, just got arrested for possible drunk driving.

Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Their star running back is wearing an ankle brace and their best defensive back just got arrested.

That's the latest from the winless Kansas City Chiefs (news), a team that's opened the year 0-2 by missing tackles, dropping passes and looking nothing like the savvy collection of skilled veterans — fresh off a 13-3 season — that many fans expected would end their season in the Super Bowl.

"There'll be some teams 2-0 that will fold and there will be some teams that are 0-2 come on strong," coach Dick Vermeil said Tuesday. "These guys have been through adversity before."

The latest dose of bad news came early Monday when cornerback Eric Warfield was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving a few hours after intercepting two passes and returning one for a touchdown.

Comments:
I had a feeling something like this would happen. I knew last year was their year. Oh well. Just like the 90's, almost but no cigar.

Chiefs need a defense, badly. They cannot rely on their O. Just ask New England.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
They cant rely on their o, i suggest them to make some trades for some defensive players this season or in the off-season of something like that or else they are getting no where

new topics

join