It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OLYMPICS: Aussie Women Have Bounty on Roddick Smooch

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
ATHENS, Greece (AP) - Andy Roddick doesn't want to get hit by a buss. The Australian women's water polo team made a wager and took up a $500 collection for the first member to plant a kiss on Roddick. Their commitment to delivering the goods, however, doesn't appear to run too deep.

Roddick and his doubles partner, Mardy Fish, spotted a few members of the Australian team while walking to dinner.

"Those are the first two we've seen so far," Fish said. "Andy kind of kept on going. He didn't stop at all."

Just as the bet was becoming part of the daily conversation at the Olympics, the Aussies clammed up. Team spokesman Graeme Hannon said Tuesday that none of the players will discuss it, insisting he didn't know which athletes were involved.

Hannon felt the whole thing has been sensationalized, "beat up" in Down Under lingo.

"The girls were a bit bored in Croatia or somewhere and it came up, a bit of silly talk really," Hannon said.

A day earlier, after Roddick and Fish lost their opening doubles match, it seemed the U.S. Open champion was taking a defensive approach to the wager.

"I have an inside source that's supposed to be doing research for me to kind of figure out if they're planning an ambush," Roddick said. "I'm thinking it's just going to be a hit-and-run while I'm standing in line for food or something. I found that pretty funny."

Ben

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
lol thats pretty funny, he must have the girls going crazy over there

TRD

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Yeah i was like whoah when i read it.

Looks like they are trying to keep it on the quiet side. It will be funny if they really go ahead and do it...lol!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
life as a tennis pro must be rough...

new topics

top topics

join