It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Owens comments to Playboy 'ridiculous, untrue'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
BEREA, Ohio -- Browns quarterback Jeff Garcia says a comment made by ex-teammate Terrell Owens implying that he is gay is ridiculous and untrue.

In an interview with Playboy magazine that hits newsstands Friday, Owens was asked if he thinks Garcia is gay. Owens responded: "Like my boy tells me: 'If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat.' "

Garcia, who had a contentious relationship with the wide receiver in San Francisco, responded to Owens' comment after practice Wednesday without mentioning the wide receiver by name.

"It is really a waste of my time to sit here and to have to answer to such ridiculous, untrue comments that are made out there in the world today," Garcia said.

He noted that it has been reported that he has a girlfriend and has had girlfriends in the past.

"So many people know my situation here. It has never been a secret," Garcia said.

Owens backed off his comment to Playboy after the Eagles' practice Tuesday, saying, "My thing was I didn't say that he was gay. Like I said, the conversation and interview was loose and from my knowledge I'm not sure if Jeff is gay or not."

In the Playboy article, Owens was asked a follow-up question about what he would do if an NFL player admitted he was gay.

"I probably wouldn't say anything right off the bat," Owens said in the interview. "I'd just see what everyone else has to say. I'd probably keep my distance, and hopefully, he would keep his. If it was a guy who was helping us win ball games, hey, I'd have no problem with it. He can do what he wants to do outside of my everyday life."

When they were teammates with the 49ers, the outspoken Owens often complained that Garcia didn't throw to him enough.

The 49ers released Garcia and traded Owens to Philadelphia in the offseason.

Ben

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
does it really matter? why is it such a big deal anyways

new topics

join