It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: T.O. Hints He Thinks Garcia Is Gay

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Terrell Owens and Jeff Garcia are still bickering and they're not even on the same team anymore.

New Philadelphia Eagle Owens, the former San Francisco 49er wide receiver who often was critical of Garcia's abilities as a quarterback, seems to have tried a new tactic in the September issue of Playboy, as reported by the Philadelphia Inquirer.

When asked about Garcia's off-field life and Garcia's denials of media rumors that he is gay, Owens reportedly said: "Like my boy tells me: If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat, by golly, it is a rat."

Owens offered some clarification after Eagles' practice on Tuesday, Owens repeated his statement, but said the Playboy interview was a "loose interview" and that "everybody is going to make a big deal out of it, but it wasn't like I came out and said Jeff was gay."

Owens also said that he believed Garcia, who now plays for the Cleveland Browns, had a girlfriend while the two played for the 49ers, and that he'd heard Garcia currently had a girlfriend, as well.

In the Playboy article, Owens was then asked a follow-up question about what he would do if an NFL player admitted he was gay.

"I probably wouldn't say anything right off the bat," Owens said in the interview. "I'd just see what everyone else has to say. I'd probably keep my distance, and hopefully, he would keep his. If it was a guy who was helping us win ball games, hey, I'd have no problem with it. He can do what he wants to do outside of my everyday life."

Source: NBC Sports

Ben

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Even in a joking situation why or how can he call somebody gay, and what does being gay have to do with winning football games. Seriosuly TO needs to grow up.

TRD

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Things is it's not a new thing it seems to been going on for quite a while.

Maybe T.O is jealous that Garcia doesn't fancy him.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm telling ya, he's gonna be nothing but trouble for Philly, just wait until he starts talking smack about either McNabb or coach Reid...the fans will eat him alive...

Ben

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
coach reid will eat him alive, i wouldnt worry much about the fans as i would about reid

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Jusat because he's a large man, you shouldn't say things like that about him...

Ben

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
no i didnt mean it like that, just ebcause he will be harsher than his old coach.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Your right Ben, this has nothing to do with football and he should keep his mouth shut and worry about football. I can see him being a huge headache in Philly, especially if Reid doesn't call his number every play.

Last year it was Shockey calling Parcells a "homo", I wish they wouldn't even report this irrelevent BS.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Last year it was Shockey calling Parcells a "homo", I wish they wouldn't even report this irrelevent BS.

Cannot agree enough. Well said PA. Even if it is the offseason, stop insulting fans with this drivel. I'd rather hear nothing than this.

Ben

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
How come he can't keep his mouth shut, and plus with all the 24/7 news networks they need something to report about so they make this situation bigger than it is.

new topics

top topics

join