It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Wolves match offer, keep Hassell

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - The Minnesota Timberwolves Wednesday announced they have matched the contract offered to guard/forward Trenton Hassell by the Portland Trail Blazers.

Hassell signed Portland's offer sheet on July 26 after becoming a restricted free agent July 1. The Timberwolves had 15 days to match the offer or lose the three-year veteran.

"I'm happy to be staying in Minnesota and I can't wait for the start of the season to hit the court and get back to work," Hassell said. "I'm excited about where we are going as a team, after the things we accomplished last season."

The Wolves were the top seed in the Western Conference playoffs last season, but fell in the conference finals to the Los Angeles Lakers. Hassell, in his first season with the club, averaged 5.0 points, 3.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 28.0 minutes per game in 81 contests (74 starts).

The Austin Peay product was originally selected by the Chicago Bulls in the second round of the 2001 NBA Draft. He appeared in 160 games for Chicago, producing 6.4 points per contest.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
good news! I'm rooting for the T-wolves or whereever the mailman ends up to win it this year...

new topics

join