It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: NFL News and Rumors 29/07/04

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
McKenzie deal unlikely
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

The Journal Sentinel's Tom Silverstein reports that Mike McKenzie's contract squabble with the Packers may not be resolved anytime soon. The Packers have talked to both the Cowboys and Saints about McKenzie, but a trade is unlikely.

Woodson holdout doesn't worry Turner
San Francisco Chronicle

Raiders coach Norv Turner is going to take cornerback Charles Woodson's holdout in stride. Turner told the Chronicle's Nancy Gay that he doesn't "see it as affecting us in terms of what we're able to get done".

Dolphins may target Chiefs' Johnson
Kansas City Star

The Star's Adam Teicher reports that the Dolphins may be interested in acquiring Chiefs running back Larry Johnson.

Dolphins can forget about Henry
Buffalo News

The News' Allen Wilson reports that the Bills won't be trading running back Travis Henry to the Dolphins. Bills GM Tom Donahoe says that if the Dolphins asked about Henry, "it would be a short conversation".

Ross visits with Steelers
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Post-Gazette reports that the Steelers met with former Bengals linebacker Adrian Ross yesterday.

Redskins will have tough time landing Ogunleye
Washington Post

While the Redskins have maintained interest in Miami defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, completing a trade remains difficult.

Packers take now-or-never view of season
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

When the 2004 season ends, starters Mike Wahle, Marco Rivera, Bubba Franks, Al Harris and Hannibal Navies will all be unrestricted free agents. Starting power end Aaron Kampman, along with Marques Anderson, who will vie for the starting strong safety job, will both be restricted free agents.

News and Rumors sources

Fox Sports

Pro Sports Daily

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What is with these players that want to re-negotiate their contracts. If I sell my house, it's a legal deal. I can't come back next year and ask for more, why should they be able to back out of a signed deal? I loved that piece in Mr. Deeds where he asks the quarterback if he plays poorly can we pay you less. Player says "Hell, No." Deeds "Well that hardly seems fair." EXACTLY!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Dolphins may target Chiefs' Johnson
Kansas City Star

The Star's Adam Teicher reports that the Dolphins may be interested in acquiring Chiefs running back Larry Johnson.

I hadn't even thought of this! That would totally save thier season, and KC would probably be able to get a good trade for him. Hopefully this happens

join