It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Harrison issues ultimatum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Audley Harrison has said he will continue his career in America if a fight with Matt Skelton cannot be lined up within a week.

Unbeaten Skelton holds the British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles.

"The support of the British fans is important to me and my career," Harrison, the WBF world champion told his official website.

"(But) I have no choice if something doesn't happen this week to continue my career in the States."

Harrison wants to fight Skelton on 9 October, but said if that date is not available he will be "moving on".

"I see the fight for the Battle of Britain as a great opportunity to garner... support," the 32-year-old Harrison added.

"Unfortunately, the clock is ticking and [Skelton's promoter] Frank Warren seems to be stalling for time.

"I stated at the beginning of the year that it is my goal to have five fights in 2004 and make a major move in 2005.

"I have done everything I can to make a fight with Skelton happen... but unless my representatives receive an immediate formal, written confirmation of the date, there is no deal and there is no fight."

Story from BBC SPORT:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Published: 2004/07/27 13:14:58 GMT

© BBC MMIV

join