It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Sixers Officially Sign Skinner

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Philadelphia, PA -- The Philadelphia 76ers signed forward Brian Skinner to a multi-year contract on Wednesday.

Skinner, who spent the 2002-03 season with the 76ers, played for the Milwaukee Bucks last year. In 56 games for the Bucks, Skinner averaged career-highs 10.5 points and 7.3 rebounds per contest. He was sidelined for 25 games with a left knee injury that required surgery in November.

Skinner, 28, had inked a two-year contract with the Bucks before last season, but he had a player option for the second year. The Temple, Texas native had been slated to make $1.65 million next season before opting out of the contract.

With the Sixers, Skinner averaged 6.0 points, 4.8 rebounds and 17.9 minutes in 77 games. The 6-foot-9, 265-pounder will add size and depth in the frontcourt for the Sixers. He was a first-round selection of the Los Angeles Clippers in the 1998 NBA Draft.

Philadelphia finished with a lowly 33-49 record last season and missed the playoffs for the first time since the 1997-98 campaign.

Copyright 2004 Courtesy of SportsNetwork

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yay, Brian Skinner. :yawn:

I wish the Sixers would go out and get some real talent.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I agree PA.

They spend way too much time doing whatever the hell Iverson tells them to. Get rid of him, and sign some quality players who play as a team.

Go Seymore Skinner

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm sure if they unloaded all of those contracts they could afford to rebuild and attract some good free agents...a lot of players would want to play in Philadelphia.

new topics

top topics

join