It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OLYMPICS: Montgomery fails to qualify; Greene wins 100 meters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Tim Montgomery, the world's fastest man, failed to qualify for the Athens Games in the 100 meters Sunday night, saving the U.S. Olympic Committee from having to kick him off the team if he is found guilty of using steroids.

Montgomery finished seventh in a final won by reigning Olympic champion Maurice Greene in 9.91 seconds. Justin Gatlin was second in 9.92 and Shawn Crawford took the third Olympic spot in 9.93. Montgomery's time was 10.13.

With Montgomery out of the Olympics, the USOC avoids the possible embarrassment of having to remove him from the U.S. squad before the games if an international panel of arbitrators finds he used performance-enhancing drugs.

The world record holder in the 100 has been charged by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. His case now is before the Swiss-based Court of Arbitration for Sport. No date has yet been set for a hearing.

After finishing far behind Greene, Montgomery stared at the giant scoreboard in what appeared to be disbelief. He kept looking at the scoreboard even as he walked off the track.

source

CBS

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but with Marion adn Tim both not qualifying in thier top competitions, it seems pretty feasable that they are taking steriods.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was watching that. He came in like last. He actually might have been taking steroids. Who knows?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It could be a possibilty as all the ones under suspicion wouldn't be able to take them in fear of getting caught. I wonder how many more top athelete's will suddenly flop all of a sudden.

new topics

top topics

join