It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: TENNIS: Serena makes it to the next round

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Serena Williams refused to accept that eight months out of action through injury and a wide diversity of new interests have brought cracks and uncertainties to her game which pose a severe threat to her bid for a hat-trick of Wimbledon titles.

Williams beat China's grass court novice Jie Zheng 6-3 6-1 to pass her first test on grass since becoming champion at SW19 for the second successive year 12 months ago, but it took 65 minutes of fretful combat and 24 unforced errors to reach the second round.

The American broke serve in the first game of the match and never looked in trouble against Zheng, who was making her Wimbledon debut on Centre Court.

Williams' display was error-strewn in her first match on grass for a year, but broke twice in the second set to seal a routine win in 64 minutes.

She goes on to face Stephanie Foretz or Stephanie Cohen-Aloro.

BBC Sport

[Edited on 22/6/04 by TRD]

Ben

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
she will lose hopefully soon.

TRD

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well she did look rusty so hopefully she doesn't get fully tuned up. I think she can be real dangerous and i wouldn't say she couldn't win it.

Ben

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
hopefully she stays rusty and it wont be an williams final

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
hopefully she stays rusty and it wont be an williams final

Yeah, that would just be boring to see that again.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned, they are one person. If Venus wins, it is the same as if Serena wins. I just say, "one of them williams sisters won again" would be nice to see some change

new topics

top topics

join