It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: CYCLING: Discovery Channel Sponsors Armstrong

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
SILVER SPRING, Md. (AP) - Five-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong's cycling team has a new sponsor - the Discovery channel.

Discovery Communications said Tuesday it will replace U.S. Postal Service as title sponsor beginning next year. Armstrong's new team will be called Discovery Channel Pro Cycling.

Under the agreement, Armstrong will serve as an on-air personality on Discovery's networks. For the rest of the year, Discovery will sponsor the team with the placement of the Discovery logo on the team jerseys.

Armstrong will attempt to win his sixth consecutive Tour de France next month and also announced Tuesday he will race in next year's showcase race.

"Lance is a role model known for determination, integrity and a spirit that never gives up," Discovery Communications president Judith McHale said. "There is no better ambassador for quality and trusted information than Lance Armstrong."

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
That's a good match for sponsor/team...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I agree Gibbs, I think its a wise move by Discovery. I am forseeing lots of cycling shows in the future for The Discovery Channel.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
this is a good move, does anyone have any idea how much it costs to sponsor a cycling team like this? i looked up the purse for the tour de france and the winner gets 400,000 euros, euro=$.82, not all that much there are 9 riders per team and the support crew. i know almost nothing about international cycling except that it looks like a LOT of hard work..just wondering

Ben

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Is this going to change anything about his riding

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Is this going to change anything about his riding

Just the look of the uniform, I would imagine.

Ben

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
OoO whats the new look?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
No idear. Maybe like the discover card?

Ben

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
ooo i wonder if they get unlimted use?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
nah, just cashback and airmiles, but on ly to Anchorage...

new topics

top topics

join