It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: TENNIS: Roddick retains title

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Andy Roddick blasted a warning to his Wimbledon rivals after retaining his Stella Artois Championship title. In a repeat of last year's final Roddick defeated France's Sebastien Grosjean in straight sets at Queen's Club, winning 7-6 6-4 in 83 minutes.

The defending champion and top seed had to save two set points in the opening set before taking it 7-4 in the tie-break, and came from a break down in the second to claim his 14th career title and the £67,675 first prize.

BBC Sport

Grosjean held two break points at 6-5 in the first set but wasted the best chance, putting a simple forehand wide.

Roddick edged the tie-break and fought back after dropping serve in the first game of the second set.

"I served well today, I'm happy to have won here again," said Roddick.

"There's not a lot that Sebastien doesn't do well, so I had to concentrate on being aggressive."

"This tournament has been good for me over the past two years, I'm really looking forward to the Wimbledon fortnight."

The result was a repeat of last year's final, although Grosjean gave Roddick a sterner test this time around.

"I played better than last year and it's good preparation for Wimbledon to play one of the best players in the world," said the Frenchman.

"He does not miss from the baseline and comes to the net more often than last year and is more aggressive after his serve."

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
So, does he win at Wimbledon again?

TRD

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It looks like he is on form again at the right time and he is definatly a contender to win at wimbledon.

join