It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Banged-up Eagles complete minicamp

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -The Philadelphia Eagles completed their final preseason minicamp on Friday, and they did so with a surprisingly large number of injuries.

While none are expected to be serious, three Eagles are recovering from surgery: defensive end Jerome McDougle, defensive tackle Paul Grasmanis and backup quarterback Koy Detmer.

McDougle and Grasmanis had shoulder and ankle surgery, respectively. Coach Andy Reid called both procedures a "basic cleanout" and said that McDougle's surgery was not on the same shoulder that had plagued him in college.

Detmer underwent surgery to repair a torn meniscus, but he was walking around the locker room Friday without a limp.

Meanwhile, Donovan McNabb has a sore throwing shoulder and was given Friday off. Because of injuries to Detmer and rookie Andy Hall (back), McNabb had taken the bulk of the snaps during the camp, which opened June 2.

"Donovan McNabb has thrown a lot of balls in the last couple of weeks," Reid said. "He does have a little soreness in his shoulder. He should be fine."

Additionally, linebacker Ike Reese has a sprained knee and did not practice Friday.

"I feel like I'll be OK, and I feel like the other guys will be also," Reese said. "If it's going to happen, it's best that it happens now."

The Eagles have experienced the spate of injuries even though they do not run contract drills during minicamp. Nevertheless, Reid expressed confidence that everyone should be ready for training camp, which begins July 27.

"Would I have liked it to be a clean slate? Yeah, absolutely," Reid said. "But we'll be fine, so I'm not worried about it."

join