It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Elway's daughter to deliver Hall of Fame speech

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
DENVER (AP) - Former Broncos quarterback John Elway has chosen his oldest daughter to introduce him at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony Aug. 8.

Elway had hoped to have each of his four children daughters Jessie, Jordan and Juliana and son Jack do the honors. However, the Hall of Fame informed Elway its policy requires only one person deliver the presenter's speech.

Elway narrowed his field of candidates to his mother, Jan, and Jessie, 18. His mother preferred not to stand in the spotlight, leaving his daughter to give the speech at the hall in Canton, Ohio.

"Everyone else is relieved she's doing it," Elway said Thursday.

Jessie Elway plans to attend Stanford, her father's alma mater, on a basketball scholarship after starring at forward at Cherry Creek High School.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I like this. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be the child of a pro athlete. The sacrifices a family makes in order for them to do what they love. Can't wait for the Hall of Fame game to see what she has to say.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yeah I like that idea. She would have made alot of sacrifices, so she'd be able to say what this really means to her and everybody else best

Ben

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
thats is a nice touch having his own daughter add him into the great hall of fame, he deserves it.

new topics

top topics

join