It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: AUTO: Dale Earnhardt Jr wins in Richmond

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Dale Earnhardt Jr took his third win of the season with a sharp tactical race in the Chevy American Revolution 400. The Nascar Nextel Cup points leader had been just off the pace when the leading contenders pitted with 54 laps to go at Richmond International Raceway. But he gambled on his tyres and fuel perfectly to pull out a slight lead, which he maintained until the race end.

They went high, they went low. Wherever they went, however, no one could catch Dale Earnhardt Jr during Saturday night's Chevy American Revolution400. Driver fears of one-groove racing at Richmond International Raceway's repaved track did not prove true. Instead, fans saw side-by-side racing all night, along with sport's most popular driver in Victory Lane. Few in the crowd were surprised to see Earnhardt win even with the help of a gamble not to pit late in the race. He's finished in the top five in three of the past four races at this track. Earnhardt, who extended his points lead, also scored his Nextel Cup-best third victory of the season.Jimmie Johnsen finished in second place just 1.481 seconds behind Earnhardt's winning time. Bobby Labonte finished third, while Tony Stewart was fourth.The race's key point came when rookie Scott Riggs brought out the caution on lap344 after his engine blew. All but three cars on the lead lap pitted, including leader Tony Stewart. The three who didn't stop Earnhardt, Johnson and Gordon moved to the front with Stewart exiting pit road fourth.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I need to quit going to races, i've been to about 15 of them and 13 have been won by an Earnhardt in one form or another. it was an awesome race though, there was titties flashing everywhere, and a really drunk tony stewart chick that did a striptease in the grandstands (she was fine, and i didn't get a picture so you'll have to take my word for it). overall a good time, if you get the chance to hit richmond do it, and make sure you camp there cause the real fun is the party before and after. we started drinking on saturday at about 10am and finished sunday morning at about 7am. i don't think i've had that much fun ever. next year i'm headed to Texas and fully expect to have that much fun again. them texans like their liquor, hopefully as much as i do.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm glad you a great time AF. Even though Jr. won. As I watching the race, I kept thinking "oh this is killing aegis fang".

new topics

join