It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Pryce lines up McDonagh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
BBC Sports
Newbridge's Bradley Pryce will face Manchester's Thomas McDonagh on 6 May.

The fight, for the WBU international light-middleweight title, will be staged at the Barnsley Metrodome.

McDonagh, a highly touted prospect aged 23, says Pryce is ideal for his style, but he will face the toughest test of his career.

"I am looking forward to ending McDonagh's unbeaten record," said Pryce, 24. "He has never had a hard fight in his life."

Pryce added: "He will be in a real fight against me. Look at the quality of opponent that he's faced and then look at my record.

"I've got the ring experience and will take McDonagh to school on the night."

This will be the Welshman's first bout after splitting from trainer Enzo Calzaghe and promoter Frank Warren.

He is coming off a points loss in February to Farai Musiiwa, his first fight in a year after a variety of out-of-the-ring problems.

McDonagh knows his opponent's reputation for always being ready for battle, though.

"I won't have to go looking for Pryce - he'll be there right in front of me which suits me perfectly," said the Manchester man.

"As soon as I unload and land the left hook he's going to be out of there. I'm unbeaten and I intend on staying unbeaten."

© BBC MMIV

join