posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 07:44 AM
World number one Roger
Federer and Andre Agassi have pulled out of the upcoming Monte Carlo Masters. Organizers said Federer cited fatigue for his withdrawal but that Agassi
had not immediately stated a reason.
However, Agassi said earlier in the year that he was considering missing most of the European clay-court season before returning for the French Open.
French teenager Richard Gasquet also forfeited, after a wrist injury forced him out of the qualifying rounds. Spanish star Juan Carlos Ferrero will be
chasing his third straight title on Monte Carlo's clay courts when the event begins on Monday.